Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Kawaii Paper Goods: Celebrate Scrapbook Page

This Celebrate Scrapbook Page is my last submission for the Kawaii Paper Goods Subscription Box Volume 2 Challenge! All the details are in my previous post, click: Washi Birthday Balloon Card and Celebrate Tea & Treat Holder posts.


What is Kawaii Paper Goods? They are a NEW paper company from Japan and have the most kawaii (cute/adorable in Jpn) designs. The paper is about 80+ lbs and of good quality. They have retailers in the U.S. carrying their collections like my favorite online store, The Button Farm, where I purchased mine.

The subscription box is a quarterly kit full of exclusive papers and embellishments that will not be sold outside the kit. The challenge is open to those who purchased the kit and is worldwide. The winner receives a $30 Kawaii Paper Goods gift certificate and highlighted on their social media.

There five-category challenges (deadline is tomorrow, 10/29) and this is my scrapbook page entry. Click Kawaii Paper Goods Subscription Bx Vol 2 Challenge (Public FB Post) for details!

**I receive products from Spellbinders® Paper Arts, and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**

Celebrate Scrapbook Page Step Outs

I cut a combination of patterned papers, origami papers, and a piece of white cardstock that I wrapped the washi tape around to create another patterned layer. To embellish the page, I grabbed a couple of ephemera pieces and a bonus overlay frame.


Adhere all the layers with E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser onto the page.

Then on the overlay frame, I applied the E-Z Runner Micro - it's perfect for narrow areas. Lightly place on top of the layered mat as a picture will be tucked behind it.


Next die-cut an intricate doily shape in white cardstock twice. Cut one in half and leave the other whole.

Run the E-Z Runner Grand Permanent Dots behind each. When I forget to use the Adhesive Sheet, I apply the permanent dot adhesive as it will hit only the die cut shape so it's easy to adhere.

Tuck the whole shape behind the layered mat on the upper right corner. Place the half shape on the lower-left corner to layer the ephemera with.


Stamp Celebrate from the clear stamp set in the kit on a scrap piece of Time to Celebrate 05 paper. Cut into a banner strip with a ribbon tail on it. Adhere it below the layered mat and by the half doily shape.


Now for the details. After adhere the rose bouquet ephemera, lift and adhere the camera ephemera with scraps of 3D Foam Circles (no waste! lol!). I added some twine behind it before adhering.


I randomly added sequins around the page with Adhesive Dots Small.


Like the sequins, I place 3D Foam Stars and foiled them. This is so easy to do! Just take off the top liner, place the foil color side up over the exposed adhesive and rub. Peel it off to get these wonderful foiled stars.

Lastly, I randomly added a combination of light purple, light green, and clear sparkly bubbles.


I hope you enjoyed this project. If you haven't already, please follow me on the blog or my ILscraps Instagram.

I appreciate you stopping by! Thank You!
MargieH

Creative Time: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate

Materials Needed:
Kawaii Paper Goods

Subscription Box Volume 2 (Time to Celebrate 05 patterned paper, Washi Tape, Clear Stamp and Ephemera Die Cuts)
Sparkling Bubble Rhinestones in Light Purple
Sparkling Bubble in Light Green
Sparkling Bubbles in Clear

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser
E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Dots
E-Z Runner Micro
Adhesive Dots Small
3D Foam Stars
Metallic Transfer Foil Sheets in Holographics

Spellbinders® Paper Arts
S5-406 Doily Round Etched Dies by Becca Feeken
Platinum 6 Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine

Other
White Cardstock; Tan Twine; Sequins; Paper Trimmer; Scissors

Save It!



1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful layout page with the wonderful papers you used on it.