Saturday, October 03, 2020

InkyStamper: OWL You Do Shaker Panel Card

One of my favorite interactive cards is the shaker card. There are many ways to create one but I love how Chelsea of InkyStamper made with the entire card panel - WoW! So I decided to make one and LOVE how it looks! Give it a try.

**I receive products from InkyStamper, PhotoPlay Paper, and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**



Shaker Panel Card Steps

Score 1/4-inch each side of a piece of Clear Card Panel and miter all four corners to a snug fit around a 3 3/4 x 5-inch patterned paper card panel. Apply Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/4-inch (red line tape) on all sides of the patterned paper panel (the backside).

Take off three sides of the red line tape and place it on top of the Clear Card Panel. The clear tabs should hug into the tape on the patterned paper panel. This should create a pocket with the top open to fill sequins.


Fill with sequins but before closing the shake panel, I die-cut about six leaves from the Owl Stamp and Die Set with the same cardstock used for the card base. Take off the liner and close the panel.



Card Layers

Create a top-fold card base and adhere a piece of 4 x 5 1/4-inch patterned paper card panel with E-Z Runner Ultra Strong adhesive. Then add the shaker panel on top using the red line tape for a strong hold.


Card Details

Stamp the sentiment, the owl, and the leaf images from the Owl Stamp and Die Set with black ink. Die-cut the owl and the leaf with its coordinating die. Note I changed the owl to Kraft cardstock and added another Kraft color leaf to the card.





On the upper right corner, add the two leaves. Adhere one flat and the other lift with a 3D Foam Strip.



If you haven't already, please follow me on the blog or my ILscraps Instagram!

As always, thanks for stopping in!
MargieH

Skill Level: Intermediate
Creative Time: 35 minutes

Materials Needed:
Stamps, Craft Dies and Acetate: InkyStamper (Owl Stamp and Die Set, and Clear Card Panel)
Patterned Papers: PhotoPlay Paper (Gnome for the Holiday Thanksgiving Collection)
Sequins: Buttons Galore (28 Lilac Lane in Neutral)
Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L (E-Z Runner Ultra Strong, Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/4in., and 3D Foam Strips)
Other: Stamp Positioner; Scissors; Orange and Kraft Cardstock; Manual Die-Cutting Machine


Pin It!



3 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and fun!

Bunny said...

Cute shaker card. [Bunny]

DorothyA said...

So darling! I love shaker cards too!