Saturday, October 24, 2020

InkyStamper: Felt Apple + Caterpillar Treat Bag

Sharing a fun felt apple treat bag that I've wanting to do. Going through the internet for a unique treat bag, I came upon DIY drawstring bags and worked out a no-sew version! Let me show you how!

**I receive products from InkyStamper and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**


Felt Apple Treat Bag

Die-cut a circle shape with red felt. I used a 7-inch diameter circle. Designer's Tip: To support the felt while cutting, I add a sheet of copy paper underneath. If you don't have a big circle etched die, use a plate and trace around it before cutting.


To achieve this without a sewing machine. I took the following steps.

  1. Fold the circle in half.
  2. Fold in half again to create a quarter shape.
  3. With my Big Chomper on the small circle punch setting, punch about 1/2-inch from the edge and about 1-inch between each hole.
  4. Punch six holes (two of my holes are a little wonky - lol!).


So where you're done, open up the circle shape and you'll see all the holes punched. Trim any loose felt pieces.


Take a piece of 26-inch twine and wrap one of the ends with washi tape. This will be your "needle." Going back and forth, thread the twine through the holes until you reach the end. For the inside base of the bag, die-cut a 1 7/8-inch diameter circle out of scrap cardstock.


Before pulling the two ends of the twine together, make sure the ends are facing outside. The image above was the wrong way. As you pull the twine to cinch, add the circle shape inside, and before closing add small treats inside. Then close it by tieing it into a bow and set aside.



Embellishment Building

On a green cardstock, stamp the background square from the Caterpillar Stamp Set with black ink several times. For the leaf, I just draw a few and cut with scissors.

Slight stack the leaves with 3D Foam Squares in small size and set aside to make the stem.



Stamp the Let's Get a Bite and Apple images with black ink on a piece of white cardstock. I colored the apple with watercolors. Let dry and cut into a 4 1/4 x 1 1/4-inch strip with a fishtail end. Punch a hole and thread the twine to tie the bow.


Cut a piece of 1 1/4 x 3-inch light brown cardstock and roll it to make a stem. Secure with an Adhesive Line. Gently insert it on the top of the apple. Place an Adhesive Dot Medium to the leaves and add to the stem.


Lastly, add the sentiment to the back of the stem with an Adhesive Line and it's ready to give away!



If you haven't already, please follow me on the blog or my ILscraps Instagram!

As always, thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Skill Level: Intermediate
Creative Time: 30 minutes

Materials Needed:
Stamps and Craft Dies: InkyStamper (Caterpillar Stamp and Die Set)
Black Ink: Tonic Studio (Nuvo Hybrid Ink in Black Shadow)
Watercolors + Brush: Jane Davenport
Hole Punch: WeRMemory Keepers (Big Chomper)
Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L (3D Foam Squares Small White, Adhesive Dots Medium, and Adhesive Lines)
Other: Red Felt; Twine; Acrylic Block; Scissors; Green, Black, White and Light Brown Cardstock; Manual Die-Cutting Machine; Washi Tape

Pin It!



3 comments:

Bunny said...

What a cute bag and I love the apple and the sentiment. [Bunny]

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful treat bag. You are so talented.

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh Margie, I love this sweet felt treat bag! I'm a sucker for felt!