Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ScrapMart: Happy Birthday Linda!

I am sharing a shaped card created with Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Card Creator series to celebrate one of my dearest friends' MILESTONE birthday - we've known each other from junior high school days (a LONG time - lol!)! Welcome to "The Club" Linda!!! LOL!

Happy Birthday (Linda) by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Paper: Teresa Collins (Carolina Breeze Collection); Stamp: JustRite Papercraft (Elegant Charms Set); Ink: Ranger (Distress Ink); Pearl: Want2Scrap (Gun Metal); Spellbinders Paper Art (S5-118 Venetian Accents, S5-108 Vintage Lace Accents, S5-131 A-2 Matting Basics A, S5-132 A-2 Matting Basics B and S5-133 Polk A Dots); Adhesive: ScraPerfect (The Best Glue Ever) and SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L (3D Foam Squares)
Her taste is sophisticated so the color combination of yellow and grey came to mind. I hand cut a two-sided banner ribbon for a pop of yellow in the middle. Then I mixed the two Accent and Motif sets as a focal point and to frame the birthday sentiment.

After I decided which patterned paper (that was the hardest part), it took only minutes to make this! Love the Card Creator series - if you are a card maker, these sets should be in your collection (wink, wink!).

What is your favorite color combination? I think this is my newest favorite...next to blue and yellow :)

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH xo 

13 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh my i love the design of this card!! great job

Izzy Anderson said...

This is beautiful. Love the fancy cutwork. What a great design. Great color combo, I agree. I don't use yellow/grey enough. Must remedy that!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I'm loving all of the beautifully layered cut work on here, Margie. Such a fresh color combo too. I love it!

Marisa Job said...

What a gorgeous card Margie!! Love all the pretty details, great design!!!

Jingle said...

Margie, this is absolutely stunning! GORGEOUS card!

Cindy S. said...

BRILLIANT design! WOW! Thanks for sharing :)

angie gutshall said...

Very Pretty!

laura said...

What a pretty design, great card

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Very classy!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Margie!

scrappymo! said...

Love the card, love the design and especially love the grey and yellow.

TracieClaiborne said...

Wow! This is just so elegant and beautiful! Love the colors!

Rita Barakat said...

Gorgeous! Girl stop making me want all those spellbinders dies!