Thursday, September 27, 2012

ScrapMart: Journey

I've been dabbling in mixed media with a little bit of FarmHouse Paper Company (Fair Skies Collection) to come up with this...

Journey by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Paper, Chipboard, Flower and Stickers: FarmHouse Paper Company (Fair Skies Collection); Ink Mists: Tattered Angels (Glimmer Mist: Patina, Midnight Blue & Dragonfly/Chalkboard: Apricot); Texture Paste: Golden (Molding Paste); Stencil: The Crafter's Workshop (Clouds); Paint: Ranger (Blank Canvas/Claudine Hellmuth); Adhesive: ScraPerfect (the Best Glue Ever); Photo Corners: SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L

First I sprayed a combination of Patina, Midnight Blue and Dragonfly Glimmer Mists and a touch of Chalkboard Apricot for the background color. Using the Clouds stencil, I added molding paste and after it dried, I painted it white to highlight the texture more.


Then I spray a ton of Patina Glimmer Mist to make it drip at the bottom - it has a beautiful sheen when dried.



I placed patterned papers, chipboard pieces and layered embellishments all from the Fair Skies Collection to the page...



The last I made the double mat out of some more wonderful Fair Skies papers with a touch of my favorite SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L photo corners in white for my picture of my oldest and my husband riding on the paddle boat - 13 years ago! WOW, time flies! LOL!!


Here's a second look...

 

I loved how this turned out - makes me happy :)
Thanks for visiting!!
MargieH xo

20 comments:

TracieClaiborne said...

Beautiful!!!!!! I love how it turned out.

Jen Mc said...

Gorgeous layout

Connie Mercer said...

what a great step out on how you completed thhis gorgeous layout!!! TY for all the encouragement!!! Hope we get to meet some day soon:):)

Lisa Echerd said...

Fantastic page! Love how you did your clouds. Very clever.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I love how this turned out too, Margie! Fantastic mixed media work!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

just absolutely perfect and just beautiful!!! love it!!

Pamela said...

I love it! Great job! :)

Pamela said...

I love it!!! Great job! :)

Tammy said...

Great page! I love the hot air balloons and the fun clouds. Great way to mix in the mixed media techniques. :)

Jingle said...

Very nice page! What a beautiful background!

Nirupama said...

Really cool layout!! I love it :)

Melissa said...

This is gorgeous, LOVE how you did the clouds!

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the clouds, awesome :)

Kyky said...

great clouds, and love the hot air balloons..oh you're layout is super-cool!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wonderful layout Margie! Love the artsy background and hot air balloons!

Suzanna Lee said...

It should make you happy Margie, it's fantastic! I too have been playing with mists and molding paste more lately - fun!! Messy too!

laura said...

That's totally awesome!

Christa said...

What a beautiful page!!

Izzy Anderson said...

This turned out just great and it looks like it was really fun to do too!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this so much and love seeing your steps!!!