Friday, December 15, 2023

PinkFresh Studio DEC23 Challenge: Layered Warmest Wishes Snowflake Card

 


Hi, friends! I recently purchased the Folk Snowflake set which I fell in love with. It includes the Folk Snowflake Clear Stamp Set, its coordinating die set, and its layering stencil sheets. AND PinkFresh Studio posted their December monthly challenge...this is my first time to participate!

When I saw this design, I knew I wanted to pair it with the soft blue sweater patterned paper that I've been keeping for a special project - this one! LOL!



First I stamped, die-cut, and ink stenciled to create one muted color snowflake shape. It was so easy to do. I did this twice as I wanted to cut one and layer one on top of a whole snowflake shape.


To highlight and stand out the snowflake, I die-cut with the Folk Snowflake Die in the gold mirror cardstock and then cut it in half to peek behind the focal point.


Using the E-Z Dots® Repositionable Refillable Dispenser, I adhered the gold mirror cardstock behind the snowflake. I use this adhesive because the placement might need repositioning many times...which it did! LOL!


For the second snowflake, I trimmed off the tips and then outlined the edges with a black marker to highlight the shape. Then add a small 3D Foam Circle White in the center back and secure it on top of the main snowflake shape.



After shaping the second snowflake, I centered it on top of the larger snowflake and lastly, I covered a combination of 3D Foam Circles White Mix and Crafty Foam Tape in Black 108ft. on the back of the large snowflake. I love the subtle lift of the Crafty Foam Tape because of its subtle 1/32" height (half of 1/16" that is in the Crafty Foam Tape 54ft. Set it aside. Let's work on the card layers!


I am using a pearl shimmer cardstock to create a side-fold A2-sized (4.25 x 5.5-inch) card base. For extra shine, I trimmed the gold mirror cardstock to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8-inch. I found the perfect patterned paper for the card front, a soft blue sweater design which was cut to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8-inch.


Stamp sentiment on a 4 1/8 x 1-inch strip of vellum. Using the layered snowflake to determine placement, I adhered the sentiment toward the bottom of the card front with the E-Z Runner® Permanent Fine (aka the Vellum Runner). Then secure the layered snowflake above it.


For the finishing touch, add pearls, bubbles, and other sparkles with the Adhesive Dots Micro.


Here's the close up...what do you think? I LOVE how this turned out!


I hope you enjoyed my photo tutorial! Wanna join in? Click PinkFresh Studio December 2023 Holiday Vibes Challenge. Good Luck!

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Skill Level: Intermediate
Creative Time: 40 mins

Materials Needed:
Stamps, Thin Metal Dies, Stencils and Stamping Tool: PinkFresh Studio (Folk Snowflake Clear Stamp Set, Thin Metal Dies and Stencils and Stamp Press Tool); Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® (E-Z Runner® Permanent Fine, E-Z Dots® Repositionable Refillable Dispenser, 3D Foam Circles White Mix, Adhesive Dots Micro, and Crafty Foam Tape in Black 108ft.); Patterned Paper: Memory Place/Kawaii Paper Goods (Gingham Love Collection); Stamp Positioner: MISTI (My Sweet Petunia); Embellishments: Buttons Galore and More; Embellishment Picker Tool; Black Ink; Black Marker; Score Board and Crease Tool; Paper Trimmer; Gold Mirror Cardstock; Pearl Shimmer Cardstock


Save to Pinterest!



No comments: