Friday, June 25, 2021

i-Crafter: Birthday in Boston USA Rosette Layout

Hello friends! Today I have a Birthday in Boston Layout featuring the Ribbon Rosette Die Set. It documents a trip I took with my husband to Boston, an iconic American city, and how appropriate as we approach America's birthday! 

This is my second guest design project for i-Crafter this month! Did you see my first project with the Thanks Foiled Rainbow Box Tutorial?

A few years back, my husband took me to Boston on a combination trip of business and (my) birthday. I love Boston for its rich history with modern vibe. We stayed at the Langham Hotel which was the former Federal Reserve Bank of Boston renovated - SO COOL! We covered a lot of ground in the 48 hours we were there.

**I receive products from i-Crafter and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**


Rosette Construction

I grabbed red, white, and blue cardstock to cut one set of three strips for each color from the pre-scored strip die in the Ribbon Rosette. When creasing the lines, start with the end that has the larger scored section (the other end has a narrow scored section - think tab) and mountain-fold. Next valley-fold and accordion-fold till the very end where it ends in a mountain-fold.


Showing the white strips below where the tab end is, I applied a piece of Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8in. (red-lined tape) - do this to all three strips. Adhere the ends together (tab section underneath the next strip) to make one long strip, and then finally both ends together to create a pleated ring.


Close the ring together by making the center opening smaller and secure it with a circle cut with a circle die from the Ribbon Rosette set and 3D Foam Creative Sheet. LOVE how it turned out!! Repeat with the red and blue cardstock strips.



Embellish the Rosettes

With some silver mirror cardstock, I die-cut three times with the decorative edge circle die from the Ribbon Rosette set. Again, die-cut the circle from the same set with 3D Foam Creative Sheets, and adhere one to each of the decorative edge circles.

I had a set of USA-themed stickers in my stash and realized they had gold accents - OOPS! But I've got a solution - why not combine them?! I nested the circle and Happy Birthday circle from the Ribbon Rosette set to cut a Happy Birthday sentiment circle with a gold mirror cardstock. To pop it up, I cut the leftover 3D Creative Foam Sheet and centered it onto the decorative edge circle.


Taking advantage of the other sentiment circles, I die-cut them in gold mirror cardstock and spelled them out to IN BOSTON for the white rosette. Since they're so tiny, I used adhesive sheets to adhere - so easy! For the last rosette, I added the USA banner from the sticker sheet.

Birthday in Boston Layout

The patterned papers I used I had for years because I loved them so much. Do you have this same issue? LOL! Today, I will use some to create my page.

On a blue 12 x 12 patterned paper, I placed two of my favorite pictures. One is of the Old State House where the Declaration of Independence was read to the public from the baloney shown. The other is of my husband, business friend/Japanese pro soccer player, Keisuke Honda, and me. We all are summer birthday babes. This was taken at a business function but we celebrated! LOL!

Using coordinating patterned papers, I cut 1-inch width strips and then die-cut the ends with the larger ribbon tail die from the Ribbon Rosette set. Excused the well-loved cutting mat pictured - LOL! I cut three strips and place them under the pictures. The rosettes acted as guides to help place the strips.



Lastly, I clustered all the rosettes right below the birthday picture with the leftover 3D Foam Creative Sheet in single layers and also stack a few pieces to bring height over the other rosettes.

Designer's Note: If you find that you do not want your journal to be seen, tuck your journal BEHIND the page so you can only see it or adhere an envelope with your journaling tucked inside.


I hope you enjoyed this Happy Birthday in Boston USA scrapbook layout tutorial. Would love it if you follow me on my ILscraps Instagram! Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Skill Level: Intermediate
Creative Time: 40 minutes

Materials Needed:
Craft Dies: i-Crafter (Ribbon Rosette)
Patterned Papers: PhotoPlay Paper Co. (Main Street Parade Collection by Samantha Walker - retired)
Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® (Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8in., E-Z Runner® Ultra Strong, Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6in, 3D Foam Creative Sheets Small)
Dimensional Stickers: EK Success (Jolee's Boutique/American Flag)
Other: Silver Mirror, Gold Mirror, Red, Blue and White Cardstock; Scissors; Crease Tool; Manual Die-Cutting Machine

Save to Pinterest!



2 comments:

Bunny said...

Lovely memorable page. I would love to visit Boston. I think it would be wicked fun. Plus some good food. [Bunny]

Celeste Goff said...

Fabulous photos and great memories and that layout is awesome!