Friday, June 18, 2021

i-Crafter: Thanks Foiled Rainbow Box Tutorial

Hello friends! Today I have something special to share. I am guest designing for i-Crafter this month! So thrilled and honor to be asked :) Thank you to Niccole and i-Crafter for letting me play!

Do you love rainbows? It brings a smile every time I spot one. When I saw this Stitched Rainbow die set from i-Crafter...oh, the possibilities of all the projects I can create with this one set! Instead of a card, I created a 5 x 7-inch box to add a thank you gift for a friend. It has lots of texture, shine, and dimension! Let me show you how to create this!

**I receive products from i-Crafter and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**


Foil Rainbow Accent

For a dimensional rainbow, I used a sheet of 3D Foam Creative Sheet Medium 6 x 12-inch and die-cut the rainbows from the Stitched Rainbow die set. Note: the foam sheet is thick. Just to make sure, I cut it through my die-cutting machine two to three times.


Leaving the opening pieces in, I remove the liners and apply three colors of Metallic Transfer Foil onto the exposed adhesives (color facing UP). Simply rub the foil to transfer the colors. Missed a spot? No problem, just reapply the foil over the missed areas.



The silver foiled rainbow needed something...pearls go with anything! There was a sheet of white self-adhesive pearls in my stash and I randomly added the smallest ones. Loved how they turned out! Set the rainbows aside and let's work on the box.


Rainbow Box Base

After searching online for a 5 x 7-inch box, I choose a combination of ideas to create one. If you are interested, do a search of your own for yours. Using the E-Z Runner Ultra Strong, I assembled the base.


Next, cut two front box panels to embellish, leaving a 1/8-inch border around each panel. Cut the Silver Mirror cardstock to 5 1/8 x 7 1/8-inches, and the Kraft cardstock to 5 x 7-inches.


For a bit of interest, I embossed the Kraft panel with a dotted embossing folder. Using the E-Z Runner Ultra, adhere both panels on the box front. 


Embellishments

For the bottom ends of the rainbow, I hand drew and cut three different sizes of clouds. Edge with ink for definition and set aside. Using the same silver mirror cardstock, I die-cut thanks from the Stitched Rainbow die set.


Box Front

To finish off, adhere the rainbows to the box front by removing the liners first and add them in size order. 


Place the two smaller clouds on the left end of the rainbow with the E-Z Runner Ultra. The large cloud on the right end with the 3D Foam Strips White. Lastly, the sentiment is added on top of the large cloud with E-Z Runner Petite Permanent Dots.


Add your gift, close the hinge and it's ready to give!


I hope you enjoyed this Foil Rainbow Thanks Box tutorial. Would love it if you follow me on the blog or my ILscraps Instagram! Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Skill Level: Intermediate
Creative Time: 30 minutes

Materials Needed:
Craft Dies: i-Crafter (Stitched Rainbow)
Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® (E-Z Runner® Ultra Strong, E-Z Runner® Petite Permanent Dots, 3D Foam Strips, 3D Foam Creative Sheets Medium 6 x 12in.)
Ink and Applicator: Ranger Ink (Distress Ink in Antique Linen)
Other: Silver Mirror, Kraft and White Cardstock; Scissors; Score Board/Crease Tool, Manual Die-Cutting Machine; White Self-Adhesive Pearls

Save to Pinterest!


1 comment:

Celeste Goff said...

Love this fun shiny, shimmery project Margie! This would put a smile on anyone's face!