Saturday, August 08, 2020

InkyStamper: Wanna Piece of Me Shaker Tag Tutorial

Hello, would you like some pie? LOL! I was gifted a ton of pink shipping tags and decided to make a shaker tag out of them :) It's still summer but this Pie Stamp and Die Set has me thinking fall and pumpkin pie! Let me show you how!

**I receive products from InkyStamper and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**



Ralph and His Pie Die Cut

Stamp Ralph and his pie onto white cardstock with black ink. Then die-cut him out with the matching die. I always cut a couple just in case and store them with the stamp and die set.


My shaker tag will be shaking in the pie so I hand-cut the filling out.
Then watercolor the image with desired colors. For the whipped cream, I tried a dimensional paint but didn't like it so I used Liquid Pearl instead. Set aside to dry. Let's work on the tags!

Front Tag Step Outs

These are the steps I took to prep my front tag from pink to gesso to inking the edges.
Trim a piece of patterned paper to cover the entire tag and ink the edges before adhering down.
I also trimmed the corners.
To make the shaker window, I die cut the Ralph with Pie shape in the center of the tag. Don't forget to punch a hole on the top. Set aside.
With a piece of silver foil cardstock, I stamped the fork from the Pie Stamp and Die Set with black ink. Die-cut the shape with its matching die.
Finally, stamp the sentiment from the set on a piece of orange cardstock, hand-cut into a strip and then cut a ribbon tail on one end. Set those pieces aside. Let's work on the back tag.

Back Tag Step Outs

Take another pink shipping tag, and trim about 1/8-inch off three sides (leaving the top side as is). This is to make sure the back tag is not seen from the front.


Trim a piece of patterned paper to cover the entire tag, adhere and trim the upper corners. Punch the hole on the top.


Assemble the Shaker Tag

Let's up these tags together. First, I cut a piece of clear acetate to cover the window and adhered it down.


Using a sheet of double-sided adhesive foam, I cut strips to fit the back of the front tag


Add sequins in the well, I used three different colors to match my patterned papers. Remove the liners and with the patterned paper side facing down, add the back tag on top. Press down to secure.


Add the die cuts, sentiment strip, twine, and ribbons to the tag front. To cover the back of the tag, trim a piece of patterned paper to fit (don't forget to trim the upper corners and punch a hole on top) and adhere. 


Lastly, thread ribbon through the top opening and tie a bow (secure with an Adhesive Dot). Done!
Wanna Piece of Me Shaker Tag Upright

Thanks for stopping in!
MargieH

Creative Time: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate

Materials Needed:
Inky Stamper: Pie Stamp and Die Set
Adhesives: E-Z Runner® Micro, E-Z Runner® Ultra Strong, 3D Foam Creative Sheet Medium, Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/4" and 1/2", Adhesive Dots Small and Micro.(Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®)
Other
Patterned Papers: PhotoPlay Paper Co. (Gnome for Thanksgiving Collection); Watercolor Pencils: Faber-Castell; Dimensional: Liquid Pearl (Ranger Ink); Ink: Nuvo Hybrid Ink in Black Shadow (Tonic Studios); Pink Shipping Tags, Ribbons; Twine; Acetate; Sequins


Save It to Pinterest!



1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is the cutest tag with the mouse an the shaker feature in the pie.