Monday, August 24, 2020

InkyStamper: Passing Time Slimline Card Tutorial

Hello all! Seeing all these slimline cards on the internet, I thought I'd try my hand at it too! But I wanted it to be interactive so I made my cute truck slide back 'n forth on the card front. It's easy to do with a strip of cardstock! Let me show you how.

**I receive products from InkyStamper and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**



Passing Time Card Panel Steps

My slimline top-fold card base is 8.5 x 3.5-inches. I fold a sheet of 8.5 x 7-inch white cardstock in half. There will be three layers on my card front. Cut to the following:

  • Black Cardstock (bottom): 8.25 x 3.25-inches
  • Patterned Paper (middle): 8.0 x 3.0-inches
  • Orange Cardstock (top): 7.75 x 2.75-inches


Adhere the black and patterned card panels to the white card base.


For the pavement, hand tore a strip of 7.75 x 3-inch black cardstock about 0.50-inch off from the top. Adhere it at the bottom edge of the orange card panel.



Sliding Truck Feature

Stamp the Ralph and Truck image from the Vintage Truck Stamp and Die Set in black ink onto white cardstock. Die-cut it out with its matching die and then die-cut another truck shape in orange cardstock. With the same orange color, cut a 8.0 x 1/8-inch strip.



To make the truck slide, I am making a rail out of the cardstock strip and sandwiching the two truck die cuts with 3D Foam Strips to create a gap. See below how I place the foam strips. After I color the white truck die cut, the two pieces will be assembled.


Using a combination of Liquid Pearls, watercolor pencils, and black ink, I colored and created texture the truck. Set aside to dry. The clouds were extras I created from the Dragonfly Stamp and Die Set.



Once the colors dried, sandwich the two trucks below. I powered any sticky areas around the 3D Foam Strips with anti-static powder so that the truck would slide easier. 



Thread the strip through the gap in the truck and test to see if it slides easily. Place a small piece of 3D Foam Strip to one end and adhere to the edge of the card front. Next, trim off the excess and adhere with the foam strip.





Finishing Touches

Stamp Just Passing Time sentiment from the Vintage Truck Stamp and Die Set with black ink. Cut to a strip and adhere to the back of a cloud shape that was colored in light grey. Place on the top right side of the card front. 


Add another cloud on the opposite side and stickers to complete the card. Here's another look.


Did you know that InkyStampers has a slimline card challenge going on this month? You still have time! Join InkyStamper Inkspiration FaceBook Page and search August Challenge (dated 8/4). Hope to see you there! 

Thanks for passing the time with me!
MargieH

Skill Level: Intermediate
Creative Time: 25 minutes

Materials Needed:
Stamps: InkyStamper (Vintage Truck Stamp and Die Set)
Patterned Paper and Sticker: Photo Play Paper Co. (Gnome for Thanksgiving Collection)
WaterColors and Black Marker: Faber-Castell
Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L (E-Z Runner Grand Dots Permanent and 3D Foam Strips)
Ink: Tonic Studio (Nuvo Hybrid in Black Shadow)
Dimensional: Ranger Ink (Liquid Pearl)
Other: White, Black and Orange Cardstock; Bone Folder; Paper Trimmer


Save It to Pinterest!


3 comments:

Bunny said...

What a great slider card. The colors are beautiful. [Bunny]

Joanne said...

Love your slider card. I never made a slider so I may have to try one.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a fun card design and I love that you made it a slider.