Monday, May 18, 2020

Kawaii Paper Goods: Thankful Cascade Mini Album Tutorial

This Thankful Cascade Mini Album is part of the Kawaii Paper Goods Subscription Box Volume 1 Challenge! What is that? Well, I'll tell you! LOL!

Last year, Kawaii Paper Goods debuted in the U.S. through a few Scrapbook Expo shows. They are a NEW paper company from Japan and have the most kawaii (cute/adorable in Jpn) designs. The paper is about 80+ lbs and good quality. They have retailers in the U.S. carrying their collections like my favorite online stores: The Button Farm and A Cherry on Top (ACOT).

The subscription box is a quarterly kit full of exclusive papers and embellishments that will not be sold outside the kit. I purchased mine at ACOT and now they're sold out! The challenge is open to those who purchased the kit and is worldwide. The winner receives a $30 Kawaii Paper Goods gift certificate and highlighted on their social media.

There five-category challenges (deadline: 5/25) and this is my Cascade Book entry. Are you interested? Click: Kawaii Paper Goods Subscription Bx Vol 1 Challenge (Public FB Post)!

Thanks for reading this far! But wait, there's more! LOL! The fun part!

**I receive products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® and Spellbinders® Paper Arts for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**


Cascade Mini Book Video Tutorial:

First I'd like to share the Cascade Book with One Sheet of Paper video by my sweet & talented friend, Emi Kume, and then I'll show you my take on how I made it my own!


Margie's Take on the Challenge

For the Cascade Book Base, I used the Gratitude 03 patterned paper from the subscription box kit. I started with the front cover, I wanted to add a floral focal so I die-cut several petals with the Sweet Cottage Flowers Die Set with the floral ORIGAMI paper.


After stacking the die cuts, secure them with a brad in the center and adhere with an Adhesive Dot Large to a circle die cut. Lightly mist the flowers with water to soften fibers and scrunch each layer to give it a more realistic look. Tap the edges of the flower and die cut circle with ink. Adhere the embellishment to the paper ribbon with the E-Z Runner® Grand Ultra Strong adhesive.


Then take the small cut-outs from Gratitude 05 patterned paper, and a cardstock rectangle slightly bigger than the others (which the sides were distressed) and ink all of the edges.


Stack and adhere the layers haphazardly. Adhere it onto the left side of the front (under the paper ribbon) with the E-Z Runner® Grand Ultra Strong adhesive.


Using Adhesive Dots Small, I adhered the paper ribbon to the front page and accented the circle die cut with Sparkling Bubble Rhinestones in Light Yellow.


The Second Page

The second page is an accent page with a playful feature with Gratitude Washi Tape and Creative Photo Corners in Gold. I pleated a piece of tape and centered it on a piece of scrap paper. Then inked the edges before placing strips of Crafty Foam Tape in White.


Stack two rows of Creative Photo Corners in Gold for a layered border on the top and bottom of the washi tape feature. Remove the liner from the Crafty Foam Tape in White and align it over the first set of corners. Repeat for the bottom.


Remove all the liners and center onto the second page. Done!


The Third Page

I cut a 3.5-inch square and in the middle, cut a 2.5-inch square to create a frame. On each corner, I added a Creative Photo Corner in Gold to accent, and around the sides, I added 3D Foam Strips, for lift. Adhere the frame to the third page.


Next, I placed the center with a small 2-inch Keepsake Envelope which I filled with a piece of scrap paper, die cut and sequins. Lastly, add three Sparkling Bubble Rhinestones in Light Yellow on the lower right corner of the frame.


The Fourth Page

Again, grabbing a piece of scrap paper, I cut to 2.75 x 3-inch, inked the edges, and placed a Creative Photo Corner in Gold on each corner. After applying the E-Z Runner Grand Ultra Strong adhesive, I centered it on the page. Using the Beautiful die cut from the Gratitude Ephemera Pack, I added 3D Foam Circles on each end and adhere it on the bottom of the rectangle paper. You can tuck in a quote or picture.


Inside the Easel

I kept the inside of the easel simple so that it would not add more bulk. On the inside back, I used a large Keepsake Envelope with the flap on the side - it was a perfect fit! I filled it with the same circle die cut used in the front, a Floral Spray die cut and sequins.



On the other side, I added a Home Decor die cut using 3D Foam Circles to lift so that you can tuck anything behind it.


Lastly, the back was covered with a piece of 3.75 x 4 3/8-inch square cardstock. Each corner had a Creative Photo Corner in Gold and adhered to the album with the E-Z Runner® Grand Ultra Strong adhesive.


Here's another look at my project. I loved how it turned out and definitely will make another! Thanks, Emi! What do you think? Make one and share your link here on this post!



Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Creative Time: 45 minutes
Skill Level: Beginner

Materials Needed:
Kawaii Paper Goods
Subscription Box Volume 1 (Gratitude 03 and Gratitude 05 patterned papers, Origami Paper, Ephemera Die Cuts, and Washi Tape)
Sparkling Bubble Rhinestones in Light Yellow

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser
E-Z Runner® Grand Ultra Strong Refill
Adhesive Dots Large
Creative Photo Corner in Gold
Adhesive Dots Small
3D Foam Strips
Crafty Foam Tape in White
Keepsake Envelopes Mix
3D Foam Circle White Mix

Other
Craft Dies: Spellbinders® Paper Arts (S4-1025 Sweet Cottage Flowers Etched Dies from Amazing Paper Grace by Becca Feeken, S4-345 Picot Edge Circles (ret.) and the Platinum™ 6 Die Cutting & Embossing Machine); Decorative Scissors: Fiskars; Mave Cardstock: Coredinations; Ink: ClearSnap (Cat's Eyes); Distress Tool: Creative Memories; Scoring Tool and Scoring Board; Pink Brad

Love It? Save It on Pinterest!

No comments: