Saturday, April 25, 2020

Just Saying Hello Shaped Card

Just Saying Hello! I created this card when I was making another similar to this one for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog. It's so fun to make! If you're ever at Craft Fancy (Arlington Hts, IL), you'll be able to see it there. It's another good all-occasion card. Let me show you how!

**I receive products from Spellbinders® Paper Arts and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**



Just Saying Hello Shaped Card Base

Die-cut black and white cardstock with my one thin metal die set. By using two contrasting cardstock colors, I create a simple and elegant look. For this card, I used two white squares, one black intricate cut card panel, one black circle shape and its coordinating intricate circle design in white.


The two square shapes will be the card base. Score 1/2-inch on the top of the solid square. This scored area will become the hinge on top of the card.


Using the E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser, I took out the E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Strips Refill cartridge and replaced it with the E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Dots Refill. This is such an easy step to replace. OR use our newly released E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Dots Refillable Dispenser (I did not have one when I created this card).

Visit the quick How to Use and Refill the E-Z Runner Grand Dispensers video below.


Now that you have your E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser with the E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Dots Refill set up, apply it on the decorative edge square about 1/2-inch on the top. I use this adhesive on die cuts because it only covers the cut areas. If there is any residue, simply rub it off! Once applied, put the two squares together to make one square card base.



Card Front Layers

For the black intricate cut card panel, I placed 3D Foam Strips to the narrow areas. It lifts the layers to create dimension and interest to the card design. Place all the pieces on the card front.


Designer Tip: Color your 3D Foam Strips to match your card panel color. I colored mine with a black marker and the excess white foam disappeared!

Cottage Flower Steps

Die-cut three each of the S4-1025 Sweet Cottage Flowers Die Set Blossom 1 and 2 dies. Mist with water and crim them with tweezers to give a realistic look.


Add an Adhesive Dot Large on the bottom of each die cut and stack them. Shape the blossom into the desired shape. Place a couple of Adhesive Dots Large on the left side of the circle on the card front and add the leaves before adhering the blossom.


Lastly, stamp a sentiment from the SDS-166 All Occasion Sentiments Stamp and Die Set on white cardstock and cut with the matching Center Insert die. I cut a fishtail at the end. Adhere with an Adhesive Dot Large on the left end and center before tucking it under the blossom.



Thanks for stopping in and craft yourself something fun!
MargieH

Creative Time: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate

Materials Needed:
Spellbinders Paper Arts
S4-1047 Richelieu Square Die Set
S4-1025 Sweet Cottage Flowers Die Set
S4-795 Layered Leaf Vines Die Set (retired)
SDS-166 All Occasion Sentiments Stamp and Die Set
T-001 Tool 'n One

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
E-Z Runner® Grand Refillable Dispenser
E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Dots Refill
3D Foam Strips
Adhesive Dots Large

Other
Pink Cardstock: My Color Cardstock (Pink Petal); Ink: Tsukineko (Jet Black StazOn); Stamp Positioning Tool: My Sweet Petunia (MISTI); Vellum; Forest Green, Black and White Cardstock; Scoring Tool and Board

Save It to Pinterest!



2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card Margie.

Celeste Goff said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Margie! I love the crisp black and white with that beautiful pop of color from the paper flower.