Sunday, March 25, 2012

Authentique: March Sketch Challenge

A few days ago, I was at my LSS (CraftFancy in Arlington Hts. IL) and purchased Authentique Paper's Genuine Collection. Have you noticed a trend in the blue and yellow color combination in many paper collections? Love it! Using my new purchase, I had to participate in Authentique's March Sketch Challenge (card). This time I made the deadline (wink wink) - LOL!!


Happy Birthday by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Cardstock: Wausau Paper; Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper (Genuine Collection); Stamp: JustRite Stampers (Elegant Charm Set); Ink: TSUKINEKO; Trinket Pin: Maya Road; Pearl: KaiserCraft; Epoxy Embellishment: Epiphany Crafts (Pennant 25); Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts (E8-004 Classic Ric Rac, S4-132 Classic Rectangles LG, S5-029 Nested Lacey Pennants and S5-113 Floral Burst); Adhesives: ScraPerfect (The Best Glue Ever) and SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L (3D Foam Squares)

I was hoping to create this card with a masculine touch...what do you think?

Today is the start of our Spring Break week but the boys have a full schedule with tennis and doctor's appointments ;0) Are you on Spring Break too?

Anyways thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

20 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

I like your card. The design I believe works for anyone. The colors are perfect for a guy's card. Great job.

Connie Mercer said...

saw this on FB~so awesome Margir~love the EC banner epoxy!!! Great LO!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh very cute layout and i love this collection!! great job!

Tammy said...

Love your card Margie! I think you achieved masculine - it's definitively not girly! Love the blue and yellow trend. I hope to get to a LSS this week and look for some new stuff! :)

Murphy's Law said...

I love the card and I think you hit the masc part of it. My kids are grown but I think spring break has passed already. Love authentique.

Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

I think it's great, manly but perfect!

Fifty-two pairs in 2012 said...

Super design, Margie!
Rosie

Mary Jo said...

Very nice and masculine!! :)

Anonymous said...

manly and beautiful!!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Lovely card, Margie!

Anonymous said...

Lovin the blue and yellow combo!

Julie Shearer said...

I love it !! And yes it is very masculine . I really love the yellows and blues together .TFS .

Danielle said...

Love the blue and yellow colors and the design of this card very much!

angie gutshall said...

Beautiful colors!

Unknown said...

definitely masculine! awesome card!

Penny said...

I love this card, and the color combo! I think it works great as being masculine also, sometimes they can be tricky! Love Penny

Unknown said...

Masculine for sure but you could use it for a girl too! Those colors are amazing!

Rita Barakat said...

Looks pretty manly to me!LOL! CUte - looks like a pocket!

Tracy said...

Great card. Perfect masculine card.

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

La la la la love this! I have the same star pin and now I know how to use it! Blue and yellow always look great together...great trend...and yo made it look even bettah!