Sunday, January 24, 2021

Wisteria Vintage Family Photo Layout

Hi, friends! I wanted to share a photo of my father when he was a toddler back in the late 1920s. It is the only photo I have of him at that age so it is a precious keepsake.

I came across a Wisteria die that i-crafter introduced a few weeks ago. Wisteria in Japanese is known as the Fuji (藤) flower. My maiden name is FUJIi (藤井). So when I saw this design, I knew I had to have it. LOL! 

**I receive products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**

Wisteria Vintage Family Layout

Grab a couple of 12 x 12-inch sheets of dark purple cardstock to cut four Wisteria Vines designs. One was kept in tack (this is a perfect size for a slimline card front btw) - apply Adhesive Sheet 6 x 12-inch on the back before die-cutting for an edge-to-edge adhesive coverage (think sticker).

The other three Wisteria designs, I fussy cut the frame and some of the leaves out to create hanging flower vines. This die cuts so well! Love it!

For one of the purple cardstock, I cut 3 5/8 x 8.5-inch rectangle around the cut area to make a mat to frame the 3.25 x 8.25-inch navy rectangle.

Layer all of the rectangle mats with the E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Strips for a stunning focal accent on the layout. The best part? You don't waste the cut up purple cardstock!

Then lastly, center and adhere the Wisteria die cut shape by peeling off the Adhesive Sheet liner in the back. Set aside.

To create a border, I layered a strip of 4.25 x 12-inch purple patterned paper on top of a strip of 4 5/8 x 12-inch navy cardstock with E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Dots.

Using the same adhesive, I applied the adhesives on the back of two Wisteria vines to adhere on the top and bottom of the border. Trim off excess. I love how the adhesive hits only the design so easy to apply!

Add all the other patterned paper pieces, layered border, double-mat the photo and add another Wisteria Vine behind it. Then add the layered border last.

The finishing touch are the leaves in the upper right corner. In the back of the layout, I'll add my journaling in the back so it doesn't distract from the layout design.


I hope you enjoyed this Wisteria Vintage Family Layout. Would love it if you follow me on the blog or my ILscraps Instagram! Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Skill Level: Intermediate
Creative Time: 40 minutes

Materials Needed:
Patterned Paper: DCWV (Zodiac Premium Stack® Paper Pad)
Craft Dies: i-crafter (Wisteria Vines Die Set)
Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® (E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Strips, E-Z Runner® Grand Permanent Dots, Crafty Foam Tape 108ft, and Adhesive Sheets 6 x 12in.)
Other: Navy and Dark Purple Cardstock; Scissors; Manual Die-Cutting Machine

Pin It!





2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful layout! I love that wisteria die you used for it. So delicate and beautiful!

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautifully done layout Margie! What a great photo of your dad and his family and the sepia tones of the photo pair beautifully with the color combo you chose and that gorgeous wisteria die!