Thursday, August 01, 2019

Asuka Studio: Cupcake Step Up Card

I created a step out card without the help of a craft die. After searching the internet, I tried it out and it was so easy. It could be addicting! LOL! Let me show you how featuring MP-60128 Watercolor Splash Sunset Orange Paper and the NEW A4 So Sweet Collection Paper Pack.


**I receive products from Memory Palette Co., Spellbinders® Paper Arts and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**


Cupcake Step Up Card Instructions

Start with a piece of 8.5 x 5.5-inch MP-60128 Watercolor Splash Sunset Orange Paper and score at 4.25-inch to create an A2 (4.25 x 5.5-inch) card base.

On the long side, align the left edge with 3-inch mark and place the cut blade of the paper trimmer at 2.5-inch and cut down to 4 7/8-inch.

On the short side, align the left edge at the 3-inch mark and the cut blade should meet the cut line at the 3-inch mark. Cut a line from the 3-inch mark up to the 5/8-inch mark.


Make your folds and your step-up card base looks like the below image.


Embellish the Card Front

Take A4 So Sweet Five patterned paper from the A4 So Sweet Collection Paper Pack, it is full of wonderful sweet treat images. I fussy cut all of them so they are ready to use. I chose the cupcake image.


Wanted to create interest so I wrapped pink Baker's Twine around the cupcake. Note I added an Adhesive Dot Mini in the back to hold up the twine. I also used a couple to hold the beads to the cupcake and between the beads.


Die-cut a scalloped oval with shimmery white cardstock. Die-cut an oval shape with A4 So Sweet Four patterned paper from the A4 So Sweet Collection Paper Pack


Nest the ovals together to create a layered mat behind the cupcake, using E-Z Runner Grand and E-Z Runner Dots Permanent Refill. Next, add Crafty Foam Tape Black on the back of the cupcake and center onto the ovals.


Place the layered cupcake in the center section of the card base using E-Z Runner Grand and E-Z Runner Dots Permanent Refill.


Lastly, I added the "Happy Birthday" sentiment die cut from the So Sweet Ephemera with the E-Z Runner Grand Dots Permanent and placed it below the cupcake.


Here's another look...





As always, thanks for stopping by!
MargieH




Creative Time: 20 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate

Materials Needed

Other:
Etched Dies: Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals (Spellbinders® Paper Arts); Adhesives: Adhesive Dots Mini, E-Z Runner® Grand, E-Z Runner® Grand Dots Permanent Refill and Crafty Foam Tape Black (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®); Score Board and Bone Folder

Pin It!




Asuka Studio Design Team



Asuka Miyamoto (Product Designer)





2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design.

Dr Sonia S V said...

SO gorgeous it is and Thank you for showing how you made it
Cheers
Dr Sonia