Thursday, May 09, 2019

Asuka Studio: Memories Shadowbox Card Tutorial

Excited to be back with Asuka Studio DT works with the Forest Friends Collection. I have been wanting to try a shadowbox card for the longest time. It was so easy to assemble and took no time to make. LOVED how it turned out! What do you think?


**I receive products from Memory Palette Co., Spellbinders® Paper Arts, and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**





Video Tutorial by Becca Feeken of Amazing Paper Grace

For a visual tutorial on how to make this frame, watch How to Assemble a Shadowbox below.


Making It a Card

First, I cut a 6 x 6-inch piece of patterned paper to cover the frame. I picked MP-58992 12 x 12 Forest Friends 6 x 6 Cut Outs Paper because it had a cute 6 x 6-inch scene with an open area to add a sentiment.


I trimmed it to 5.5 x 5.5-inch to fit the back of the frame and secured it with Premium Double-Sided Tape 1/4 in.



With a piece of 6 x 12-inch pink cardstock, I scored in half to make the card base. Using the E-Z Runner Grand with Ultra Strong Refill, I secure the shadow box card front to the base.



Embellish the Frame

Just for fun and interest, I placed and mitered the corners with MP-60015 Forest Friends Washi Tape Characters 25 x 10 mm to decorate the border frame.



The sentiment is part of the MP-58996 Forest Friends Die Cut Papers pack. I placed three 3D Foam Circles White in Regular size on the back and secured to the card front.



Taking several pieces of the MP-58996 Forest Friends Die Cut Papers pack and fussy cut some leftover patterned paper from the collection, I used a combination of 3D Foam Circles and E-Z Runner Grand Ultra to secure them down.



Lastly, I used MP-59129 Rhinestone Light Pink to add sparkly accent to one of the die cuts and done!

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH




Creative Time: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate

Materials Needed
Asuka Studio

MP-58992 12 x 12 Forest Friends 6 x 6 Cut Outs Paper
MP-58996 Forest Friends Die Cut Papers
MP-60015 Forest Friends Washi Tape Characters 25 x 10 mm
MP-59129 Rhinestone Light Pink


Other:
Craft Die: S2-302 Adjustable Shadowbox Frame with 1/2-inch Border (Spellbinders® Paper Arts); Adhesives: Premium Double-Sided Tape 1/4-inch, E-Z Runner® Ultra Strong, and 3D Foam Circles White Mix (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®); Pink Cardstock; Score Board and Bone Folder.

Pin It!




Asuka Studio Design Team



Asuka Miyamoto (Product Designer)



No comments: