Saturday, March 04, 2017

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: Happy Birthday Card with Adhesive Dots Flower Centers

I'm on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Blog today. I made a very special card for a special lady - my mom! Happy Birthday!! Along with loads of dimension, I used Adhesive Dots Small and glitter to create a sparkly flower center. Would you use this technique?

**As a part of Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Design Team and Spellbinders® Paper Arts, I receive products for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use :) **



Let's start with the flower die cuts. I die-cut, embossed and then stencil through the die with ink to highlight its embossed design.


Next I embossed a 4.0 x 5.25 inch piece of dark pink cardstock with an embossing folder to make my A2-sized (4.25 x 5.50 inch) card panel. Cut and embossed a leafy vine in green cardstock.


I wanted a different kind of dimension so I cut the dark pink card panel one third from the bottom to leave space in between to stamp my sentiment. Using Crafty Foam Tape - Black, it give the panels a lift.


Using the two piece card panel as my guide, I lined up the sentiment in my stamp placement tool for a perfect imprint.


Now my favorite part! Making those glittery flower centers :) I placed an Adhesive Dots Small in the center, rub and lift off liner gently. Then pour on the glitter over the adhesive dot, press and shake off excess. SUPER EASY + FAST!



Next I trimmed the leafy vine and adhered with the Adhesive Dots Small (behind the leaves), then adhered flowers with 3D Foam Squares Regular White on top for extra dimension.


Here's another look...





Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Supplies:
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®
Crafty Foam Tape - Black
Adhesive Dots Small
3D Foam Squares Regular, White
Others:
Die Templates and Embossing Folder: Spellbinders® Paper Arts
Stamp: Flourishes LLC
Ink and Dauber Applicator: Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts
Glitter: Stampendous
Stamp Tool: MISTI by My Sweet Petunia
Pink, Dark Pink and Green Cardstock;

2 comments:

Amy Myers said...

Lovely card! Your mom is lucky to get such a wonderful card.

Totally not card related but I love the washi on your magnets. I assume that's to pick them up with ease. Brilliant idea!

Fikreta said...

very pretty!