Friday, March 18, 2011

Flourishes Blog Hop!!!

When Flourishes first laid eyes on two of the new die templates fresh off the production line at Spellbinders™, they knew that a stamp set to coordinate with these funky and fresh dies were needed! Are you ready to take a peek?


This fun Birthday Pennants Set just screams celebration! It offers six different pennants and flags all designed to coordinate perfectly with Spellbinders S5-028 Nested Pennants and S5-029 Nested Lacey Pennants. Also included are nine sentiments and eight accents that you can deck out your pennant shapes in fun and different ways!

Birthday Pennants Set

Wait, there's more! How about their new Strips and Stripes background set to coordinate? This set offers three strips to use together as a background or separate as three different strips. Perfect with the Birthday Pennants set!


Strips and Stripes Set

Because Flourishes knew these sets were a match made in heaven with the Spellbinder's die templates, they asked some of the Spellbinders Designers to join the Flourishes Team for a little show and tell!

I'd like to show what I created with their fabulous stamp sets and Spellbinders S4-312 Blossom Three, S4-328 Foliage and S5-028 Nested Pennants to make this lacey gift bag!


First, I stamped the lacey border from the Strips and Stripes background set with Versamark ink to cover the mini bag's front side. Then I applied white embossing powder and heat embossed. I love how this looked!


Next, I stamped the flag pennant image and the "Surprise" sentiment onto pink cardstock. To get the perfect placement and cut, I suggest stamping the image first and then placing the die template over it to cut. Don't forget to use repositionable tape to secure the die template :)


Now to the FUN PART - the Grand Calibur! I cut S4-312 Blossom Three #1, #2 and #3 (the smallest size die template is #1) with fabric. To get a clean cut from fabric, I recommend cutting with printer paper in the sandwich - worked like a charm! I cut/embossed S4-328 Foliage with green cardstock.


I assembled the blossoms. Then centered with a white button and added a pearl. I creased the middle of each leaf to create more dimension. Adhered all as shown and it's ready to give away!


I hope you enjoyed my project! Now be sure to hop on over and see....

Barbara Anders
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Jan Marie Caruso
Heidi Blankenship
Beth Pingry
Margie Higuchi - ME!!
Holly Simoni
Mona Pendleton
AJ Otto
Latisha Yoast
Deborah Young
Kazan Clark
Terre Fry

Would you like to win these sets? Just leave a comment on this Flourishes Blog Post! They'll draw one lucky name for both sets and announce it tomorrow on the Flourishes Blog!

Your next hop stop is my friend, Holly Simoni!
Good luck and thanks for stopping by!!

30 comments:

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

OMG! This is beautiful Margie! Love the altered envelope, the beautiful blossoms and the flag. Gorgeous!

dpkennedy said...

Adorable gift box! I love that layered flower! How lovely to receive this!

Tammy said...

Your gift bag is beautiful! I love the colors and the fun flowers. It looks fantastic. Great job! :)

Jingle said...

Your project is absolutely stunning! So pretty!

Unknown said...

Wonderful project. I love the layering.

Mona Pendleton said...

Margie, this gift bag looks fabulous! I love the embossed white background and the sweet flower with the darling tag! Thanks for the inspiration :)

ChristineCreations said...

What a great gift bag incorporating the stamps so well. Wuch pretty flowers ...the colors just pop!

Becky said...

Absolutely LOVE this!!!!! Amazing job!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so pretty and creative. Your flower looks great!

Deborah Young said...

Margie, how sweet! Love your embossed bag!

Latisha said...

What a great idea!! Very, very pretty!!

Leslie Miller said...

What a cute project! Love what you did with the stamps, and the flower is fabulous!

Heidi Blankenship said...

Beautiful!! Margie, I love your lacey little gift bag!! Love the look of the embossed lace border and the pretty flower! Great little Springtime gift bag!!

Murphy's Law said...

oooooooooooooo vvery cool projects. you rocked them stamps. i love the flower. yum!

Yogi said...

very nicely done.

Elisa K said...

Oh I love the little lacey gift bag... Way cute.

thanks for sharing.

Shannon White said...

What an adorable gift bag, love all the layers and details. Too cute! 8-)

Dawn B. said...

I love what you did here. Now you are making me want even more dies.. Great job on this project.

Beth Pingry said...

Beautiful!

Amanda said...

WOW! I love this card, paper and idea!! This is fabulous!! :)

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in Japan. My husband has an Aunt and her family as well as his cousins and their families. We are praying with you :)

Lagene said...

Lovely Gift Bag! I love this set!

Anonymous said...

Your bag is lovely ... great work, as always!

Nana Griffin said...

Great ideas!

Peggy said...

Awesome! Love the way you stamped the front of your bag.

NYtina112 said...

Lovely!
Lovely!
Lovely!
Thank you!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

oh i love the stamps with the spellbinders. way too cute!

thanks so much for visiting my blog siehledwithakiss.blogspot.com yesterday. i truly appreciate your kind comments. I would be honored if you stopped by again sometime or even signed up to follow me and i would do the same! thanks again

Pearl Maple said...

Nice! really like those texture stamps
Thanks for visiting the Tattered Angels gallery

Julie Koerber said...

Margie, this is just darling! I love this pocket creation and the way you added that to die for flower!!! Way cute! Thanks so much for the fabulous inspiration!

Marnie said...

Gorgeous as always!

Michelle Clement said...

What a lovely project (& stamps!!) - too cute! :)