Friday, March 04, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

Hello all!

I want to wish my mother a happy birthday (お誕生日、おめでとうございます!). Well, technically where she lives (Tokyo) - it's Happy BELATED Birthday! LOL!! Living overseas, it's hard to keep track of time ;0P Sorry, mom(ママ、遅くなって ごめなさい~!)!

To (sort of) make up for it, I created a card which I haven't done in years...it's usually a LONG phone call or flowers when she's in the States.

Happy Bird-day! card by Margie Higuchi
Spellbinders™ LF-246 Grand Labels Eleven, S4-323 Ribbon Tags Trio Three, S4-112 Classic Ovals SM and S5-031 Fancy Tags Three; My Mind's Eye (Quite Contrary); Bazzill Basics Paper (Pink); Die Cuts With A View (Ribbon-All Dressed Up); Layers of Color (Bird-day Party Set); Stampin' Up (Pink Passion); Prima (E Line Pearls Crystals); GlueArts (PRO GlueGlider); SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES By 3L (3D Foam Squares); Ranger Ink (Pink Stickles) and Other: White Cardstock

As you can see, I LOVE SHAPED CARDS! Ever since I got the Grand Calibur™ and the Grand Nestabilities®, that's all I want to make! LOL! SO easy to do. With its HUGE plates, you can make them in less time. For example, I fit the smaller Grand Labels Eleven, the Ribbon Tag Trio Three, the Classic Ovals SM and the Fancy Tags Three die templates all at once with room to spare! Love it!

A REMINDER...the deadline to be a follower and leave comment for my two giveaways is up tonight at 11:59PM U.S. CST. So post BELOW to qualify - international friends are welcome!!

TGIF!! Have a great weekend and as always, thanks for visiting :0)

P.S. Mom, I'll call you tonight! xo

7 comments:

Jingle said...

This is so totally adorable! I love it!

hilde janbroers said...

love your card! and happy birthday to your mom....:-)

Murphy's Law said...

adorable card. she's gonna love it. and happy birthday to ur mom!

Sue Althouse said...

That is a beautiful shaped card - love the colors! I'm not familiar with Grand Calibur, have to check that out! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Beautiful Margie! I love the shaped cards from Grand Nestabilities!

Marcie said...

What a beautiful card, love the shape!

Tracy said...

I haven't seen these dies yet. Love the shape of your card. The colours are so pretty.
Happy Birthday to your mom :)