Monday, October 16, 2017

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L + Quietfire Design Blog Hop: Dimensional Holiday Thanks Card

Today I am thrilled to participate in Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® + Quietfire Design Blog Hop Day 1! I am showcasing a holiday thank you card because we need one, right? With products from both sides, this is what I came up with...

**I receive products from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® and Quietfire Design for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use :) **



Creating the card panel.

On a piece of 4.5 x 6.5" patterned paper, I secured the paper to my mat with Adhesive Dots Large Repositionable and then used it again (on the back) when placing the Flourished Frame Stencil on top of the paper.

These dots feature a non-permanent bond that allows removal and repositioning without reapplication or damage to surfaces. Confession: I went to do laundry (it's next to my studio), made my bed...left the adhesive dots secured like that for almost two days! LOL! Did my next step and took off the dots to no marks, tears, stain...nothing!


Apply a thick coat of Texture Luxe™ Pearl (a pearlized texture paste) on top of the Flourished Frame Stencil with a pallet knife. Lift the stencil off carefully and roll the Adhesive Dots Large Repositionable off the back of stencil before washing it off.



My frame will take a couple of hours to dry because of the thick coat I applied. But it is striking against the red patterned paper and will be worth the wait!

Make the word stand out.

From the 3D Foam Creative Embellishment Kit, take out the white 3D Foam Creative Sheet and place the Thanks Metal Cutting Die on top. Die-cut with your manual die-cutting machine and gently pull out the die cut from the sheet.

Take off the top liner of Thanks die cut and place silver foil (shiny side up) on top of Thanks. Gently burnish with your finger to transfer the foil to Thanks. Lift the foil and you will see a shiny silver thanks.

Then add Creative Photo Corners Silver to each corner for a little embellishing. Apply Crafty Foam Tape on the back (cover a little of the photo corners to secure) and adhere it to a black 7 x 5" card base.








Thanks for stopping by and good luck on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L + Quietfire Design Blog Hop Week!
MargieH

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
3D Foam Creative Embellishment Kit with Foil
Adhesive Dots Large Repositionable
Dodz Adhesive Dots Small
Crafty Foam Tape
Creative Photo Corners Silver
Quietfire Design:
Thanks Metal Cutting Die
Flourished Frame Stencil

3 comments:

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the frame made from the paste.
Very pretty card.
thanks for sharing.

Ava Gavloski said...

Gotta love the prepositional dots. Sweet project.

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous! Love the gold against that bold, pretty plaid!