Saturday, September 17, 2016

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: Using Adhesives Sheets on Intricate Die Cuts for my Autumn Hello Card

Today I am sharing my autumn themed card and how Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6" saved me time and frustration on placing my intricate die cuts. Let me show you how!


Recently I have been addicted to mono printing using a gel plate and ink pads (paint are the usual medium but I had to be different! LOL!) to make my own patterned papers. Here's what I did...
  1. Mist the gel plate with water and then pounced Orange Blossom Ink, Potting Soil Ink and Fern Green Ink in desired areas.
  2. Then lightly mist with water over the inked area to give it texture (think water droplets).
  3. Wait a few moments and then place a piece of white cardstock over the plate.
  4. Gently rub across the back of the cardstock evenly for good coverage.
  5. Then pull the paper away and enjoy the results!


I am showing one of the patterns that will be used below...


For the die cuts, I first trimmed my paper to size and applied the Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6" on the back. I took off the thin border liner and used it as my guide to place my paper. Then took off the liner little by little and rubbed it to cover the back the patterned paper. Perfect coverage!


Next I die cut my intricate die designs and "hello" word (repeat the same process with green cardstock in a small size).


Trim the green cardstock and other patterned paper to created a matted card panel to fit an A7-sized card base. I used E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser as my patterned paper was warped. I love that it adheres down flat :)



Figure out the placement of the die cuts and then take off the liner to adhere...I started with "Hello" and worked on the edge.


I used Dual Tip Glue Pen to adhere my cute acorn die cuts and used E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser to center the embellished card panel onto my card base.


Isn't it adorable?! Loved how it turned out and without fighting with the adhesive = EASY!!


Got intricate dies?! Use Adhesive Sheets - they have different sizes. NO STICKY MESS on dies and CUTS LIKE BUTAH! LOL!

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Supplies:
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L:
Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6"
E-Z Runner® Ultra Refillable Dispenser
Home Hobby
Dual Tip Glue Pen
Others:
Dies: Memory Box: (Acorn Trio & Oak Flourish - Craft Fancy exclusive); JustRite PaperCrafts (Hello Decorative Oval Frame Dies)
Cardstock/Card Base: Darice/Core'dinations
Gel Plate: Gel Press (8 x 10" Gel Plate)
Inks: Ranger Ink (Archival Inks by Wendy Vecchi - Orange Blossom, Potting Soil & Fern Green)








2 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.

LisaDV said...

Such a wonderful fall card.