Monday, June 22, 2020

Can You Spare a Square Mixed Media Tag

During these times, I pulled out a quirky stamp set from Chelsea Comer of InkyStamper that would fit the bill! Hope you get a chuckle out of it as much as I have! LOL!

**I receive products from InkyStamper (stamp set), and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**


Spare a Square Tag Step Outs

Let's start with a shipping tag that I covered with white acrylic paint. Two coats and dry in between coats for good coverage.


Using three colors of Gelatos (Cinnamon, Butterscotch, and Iced Coffee), I colored horizontally and then used wipes to blend the colors for a softer look.


Since I had the gelatos out, I used the same combination and design to color on a piece of white cardstock. I flip the paper so now my strips are vertical and stamp the Ralph image. Using the matching die, I die-cut the image out.



I nested three Wonky Square dies, secured with washi tape, and die-cut them with white cardstock. This makes two frames and a solid shape. Edge each shape with Black Licorice Gelato and blend with fingertips.


Next, I turned the square into a diamond shape and adhere the squares together with the E-Z Runner Grand Ultra Strong adhesive.


For the center, I popped up the last square with leftover 3D Foam Creative Sheets. I also did the same with the Ralph die cut and centered on top of the square shape.


With a scrap piece of white cardstock, I stamped a sentiment and hand-cut a banner. I edged the banner with Black Licorice and my fingertip. Adhere at the bottom of the tag. Lastly, I thread my ribbon and twine on top.


As always, thanks for stopping in!
MargieH

Skill Level: Intermediate
Creative Time: 45 minutes

Materials Needed:
Stamps: InkyStamper (TP Stamp Set)
Craft Dies: Inky Stamper (Ralph Die) and Spellbinders Paper Arts (S4-289 Wonky Squares (ret.))
Colors: Faber-Castell (Gelatos in Black Licorice, Cinnamon, Butterscotch, and Iced Coffee)
Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L (E-Z Runner Grand Ultra Strong and 3D Foam Creative Sheets)
Ink: Tsukineko (StazOn in Jet Black)
Other: White Cardstock; Shipping Tag; White Acrylic Paint; Burlap Ribbon and Twine; Scissors


Save It on Pinterest!



2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a cute tag Margie. I love that toilet paper set.

Celeste Goff said...

Love this Marge and the Seinfeld reference is too funny!