Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Asuka Studio: So Sweet Origami Candy Banner

When I saw the So Sweet Collection and the Origami So Sweet, I knew that I wanted to do something more than a card. After finding an origami candy tutorial online, I had to do a candy banner! LOL! Let me show you how to make one :)


**I receive products from Memory Palette Co., Spellbinders® Paper Arts, and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**


So Sweet Banner Instructions

Taking a sheet each of the pink striped and lavender striped patterned paper from the Origami So Sweet, I cut each sheet into four equal squares to make a total of eight squares.

After searching online, I found a video tutorial on how to make ORIGAMI CANDY shapes! PERFECT for my project :) Each piece represents a step to creating the shape.


I found a background that would fit each shape for the banner :) This MP-60126 12 x 12 So Sweet Cards Paper is perfect for the look I was going for.


To determine which design I wanted, I matched the colors with the origami candy and how my letters would fit to balance.


The letters were die-cut using a gold mirror cardstock so they would stand out. I first applied 3D Foam Creative Sheet Medium to the back of the mirror cardstock and then die-cut. This not only gives it sparkle but dimension too!




The banner bases were punched with holes on each top corner so that the baker's twine could be threaded through.


But just having baker's twine wasn't enough so I found some of these colorful beads that matched my banner for FUN! Don't they look like hard candy?! LOL!

I wrapped the baker's twine several times across each banner base to stand out and then threaded a bead before starting on the next base. Don't forget to knot each end of the banners to secure! Loved how this looks!


There is one spacer banner between the words. Using a cake stand die cut from the So Sweet Die Cut pack, I added a few 3D Foam Squares and a Rhinestone Light Pink :)



Embellishing the Banners

Now the fun part! For each Origami Candy Banner, I secured with an Adhesive Dot Large on the top part of each banner. Then I peeled the back liner of each letter and placed onto the banner below the candy.


For the single letter banners, just center it! Note that I sprinkled a few Rhinestone Light Pink here and there.

Pictured below are how I designed each letter and spacer banner. SO SWEET + LOVE!!



And the banner as a whole!


As always, thanks for stopping by!
MargieH



Creative Time: 30 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate

Materials Needed

Other:
Etched Dies: S6-009 Fonts One Uppercase (Spellbinders® Paper Art); Adhesives: 3D Foam Creative Sheets Medium, Adhesive Dots Large, and 3D Foam Squares White Regular (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®); Hole Punch: Big Bite (We R Memory Keepers); Mirror Cardstock; Pink Baker's Twine; Plastic Beads

Pin It!




Asuka Studio Design Team



Asuka Miyamoto (Product Designer)

No comments: