Tuesday, March 10, 2009

MS Crop 2009...

a crop that I have been going to since it started back in 2007. It is a crop that raises awareness and funds for Multiple Sclerosis.

The first year was held the first weekend I spent in my new home in Schaumburg...thank goodness I have an understanding husband! LOL!! Thinking I was going to meet a fellow scrapper, I ended up scrapping alone (her son being sick and couldn't make it at the last minute). But I got a lot of pages done! LOL!!

The second year, I had a lot of company :0) It was a fun time for me...don't ask how many pages I got done...heehee!!









This year, well...can I tell you I got spoiled?! Besides being late for the crop (my little guy's graduation which last 2 hours instead of 1!!!), dinner was already being served so I ate right away (no lunch or dinner so I was straving!!) and I had a massage scheduled! Boy, did I need one...sitting in the bleachers for two hours straight did a number on my back - thanks, Princesses!!










Yes, I was in the private crop room called the Princess Room = WOW!!! We had a lady-in-waiting (Chris), a sweet table, special goodie bags and notification on when the auction tables were about to be done. But the best part, I was with friends (but I missed my Princess Fiona!!!!) with tieras and pink T-shirts ("Princess CropALot") - heehee!!! AND we bid for the Princess Room at the auction table and WON!!! We were hovered over that table so that no one will outbid us! LOL!! When you're spoiled, well...you have to go for it again :0)))




Pictured from left to right - ReneeN (bottom), MargieH, ChrisR, CJ and Mary BethT hovering over the Princess Room poster that was displayed on the Silent Auction Table.





Laura, my friend & crop organizer, what can I say! Another job well done...each year, it has gotten better and better. You are awesome - there's not enough words to describe what kind of person you are because you're all that and more!! I hope (& pray) that a cure will be discovered in the near future! Hugs to you!! xoxoxo

1 comment:

Jennifer Schmidt said...

Hey Margie! Just stopping in from SNR... love your blog :)
The crop sounds like so much fun and even better that its for such a great cause!