Monday, October 17, 2011

A Happy Accident?

Well, I had my heart set on creating a "SPOOKY" banner with my Authentique Paper's Glowing Collection. But after cutting all the dies out with my Spellbinders™ Paper Arts die templates, I played around with the die cuts to end up with a cone....now how did that happen?

Halloween Cone by Margie Higuchi
Supplies Cardstock: Creative Memories; Patterned Papers: Authentique Paper (Glowing Collection); Ink: Ranger; Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts (S5-029 Nested Lacey Pennants, S5-028 Nested Pennants, S4-279 Graveyard Scene and Shapes and S4-345 Picot Edge Circles); Ribbon: Offray; Trinket Pin: Maya Road; Tools: ScorPal and ScraPerfect (The Embellie Gellie); Adhesive: ScraPerfect (The Best Glue Ever); Other: Tissue Paper and Googly Eyes 

What do you think? I scored 3/8" on both sides of two banners with the ScorPal. Using ScraPerfect's The Best Glue Ever to adhered all three sides together to end up with a cone.


Then I accordian folded a strip of paper, glue the ends to form a ring, flattened and glued the back with a scrap piece of paper (make sure to put something heavy over it and leave to dry). I cut/embossed Graveyard Scene and Shapes Skelton Head, adhered to the center and embellished.

OH!! One of my favorite designers, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer created a scrapbook page "Art Institute of Chicago" and kindly included a picture of me!! She debuted her designs on The Crafter's Workshop at 2011 Summer CHA (Craft & Hobby Assoc.) Conference and Trade Show. On the post, she is giving away one of her templates!!! Go NOW!

I have another project on my table and hoping to finish to share BEFORE Halloween gets here! LOL! Thanks for stopping by!!
MargieH

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marge, How cool is that?? I just might have to borrow the cone idea!! ;)

Beth

Mary Pat Siehl said...

sooooo cute!

Jingle said...

That is so cute!!! I love it!

Steph/MizzBzb said...

Those decorations are so fun!

Connie Mercer said...

happenes to the best of us~start out one way and end up another~really cute cone boxes, some kids will love them!!!

Sue Althouse said...

What a happy "accident" the cones are!

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

Love this Margie! What a great way to use those dies!

Christine Traversa said...

wow! gorgeous!!!