Friday, January 07, 2011

A Spellbinding Day!!

Today is a special day for a special lady!

Happy Birthday, Stacey!!!


Stacey is Stacey Caron, President of Spellbinders™ Paper Arts and is a wonderful friend. A bunch of us at Spellbinders created cards just for the occasion! So Stacey, I hope you have a wonderful day full of happiness and joy! xo

Just a quickie to show you all how I created my shaped card. It required just an extra die cut. First I cut TWO pieces of the shape I'm going for (S4-305 Eyelet Squares #4/smallest size being #1). On one of the die cuts, I scored (in this case) 1/2" from the edge - the card's back side. With liquid adhesive (I used Zip Dry - love that stuff!), I covered the scored area and adhered to the back of the other die cut.


I wanted to show you the inside of the card. Using S4-305 Eyelet Squares #2, I cut/embossed over the sentiment from Mint Motif's Very Square Sentiments (Spellbinders 2010 Design Team Member Kimberly Crawford!) - a gift from Santa!


Supplies Spellbinders Grand Calibur, S4-305 Eyelet Squares and S4-126 Classic Squares LG; Cardstock: WorldWin Papers and Bazzill; Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye; Stamp: GinaK Designs and Mint Motif; Ink: VersaMark, Sparkle 'N Sprinkle and Stampin' Up; Flowers and Pearls: Prima; Trinket Pin: Maya Road; Ribbon: Offray; Adhesive: Beacon Adhesives and Glue Dots



Also a head's up...on Monday, January 10th Spellbinders will host another BLOG FRENZY on its Winter Release! WOOOHOOO!! Appropriately named To DIE For!! Winter Release Blog Frenzy! I am so stinkin' excited. We have so many talented Designers on this Team and I know they're going to ROCK IT!

Wherever you are, I hope you make it a great day!
Thanks for stopping by :0)
MargieH

5 comments:

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

This card is just so beautiful Margie! I love the white base with the beautiful colored accents. Gorgeous. Have a good weekend! Hugs.

Kevin Renz said...

Hi Margie... just wanted to stop by and say thank you for leaving me such wonderful inspiring words so often. I missed this year for Spellbinders... but maybe next?

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Margie! Great way to showcase that Gina K stamp! I am sure Stacey will cherish this :)

Christine Traversa said...

love your card! and thinks you are a total sweetie! thanks! xoxo ct

IvyandRein said...

Margie this card is freaking gorgeous!!!!