Monday, March 13, 2006

A Lovely Time!

Well, I made it through the weekend! LOL!! The boys are finished with their Saturday Japanese school (end of the year on Saturday - YEAH!) and I survived the tea gathering at my house.

I was hoping for 8 to 10 ladies but we ended up with six wonderful Delta Zetas (just like our Founders!) and everything was DELICIOUS!!! A big thank you to our alumnae chapter president, MargeT, who was kind enough to act as co-hostess and make most of these wonderful treats!!! I had fun taking some pictures before the guests arrived and one of Marge explaining what we had on the "menu" (homemade scones, herb triangles, little rose cakes, pinwheel sandwiches among our treats!). What do you think?

Aren't these baskets cute?! Filled with Easter/Spring chocolates for each guest!




Finally, an excuse to use my Wedgewood!!


A beautiful gift from MargeT! Isn't she sweet?!




Marge's "Food Talk"



I had a wonderful time and I hope the other ladies did too! So sorry that the others had to miss all the fun and yummy treats...you all truly missed out! Once I get the recipes from Marge, I will post them here!

On Sunday evening, we had a great time with our friends, the Takizawas, who were kind enough to make a crab dinner - can I say FABULOUS!!!!!!!! Even little Hiro loved it...so much of it! Hosho never says enough when it comes to crab but this time, he had more than his fill! LOL!! They took the time to go to Chinatown and hand picked live crabs. Then when we arrived, the crab were steamed and fresh off the pot, we ate! Some pics:










The crabs BEFORE and the crabs AFTER and well, let's say we enjoyed! Sorry about the last picture....I think I had a Foster's beer before taking this picture...a little blurry - LOL!! It was such a fun time! The boys enjoyed their boys' company (both sides are the same age and the oldest two will be in the same Japanese 6th grade class next year so that will be COOL!). Their big sister was smart to go over to a friend's house...who wants to hang out with little boys esp. four of them!!! LOL!!

PHEW! What a hectic, busy BUT FUN weekend!

No comments: