Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Well, I made it through the day! LOL! I was asked to bake 30 heart-shaped brownies for my third grader's class!!! The class mother talked to me right before the party, my survey at the beginning of the year said "I can't bake if my life depended on it!" She didn't sleep very well last night - OY! I feel bad! They turned out fine...so tempted to nibble but did not! My house now smells of chocolate! I had extra so I gave them to my neighbors :0)
















They don't look so bad - right? Looks like everyone had a great time...they're great kids!

Last Saturday was my sorority's first meeting of the year and it was a lunch 'n craft day! This time we took an idea from Martha Stewart and did a "dot painted ceramic" thing. I loved how mine turned out! We might try this again since everyone else enjoyed themselves. It's pretty easy to do.




Here's my blue and white square plate after I baked it in the oven on 300 degrees for 30 minutes to set the paint. Now I can use it for our upcoming afternoon tea in March with my Delta Zeta sisters!! So excited!














This is Carole and she made this beautiful trim along her vibrant red bowl. Love it!!

Hope everyone has a lovely valentine's day...off to make dinner and bake more brownies (for dessert!)! xoxo

No comments: