Thursday, August 04, 2016

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L: Forever Wedding Card Using Adhesive Sheets

Today I'm up on Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Blog!! One of my favorite adhesives to use on die cuts is their Adhesive Sheets. For those intricate designs, it is a life-saver and a time-saver! With the etched dies (aka thin wafer dies), it cuts like butah - leaves no mess on you & on your dies.



I trimmed a piece of white cardstock that fit my die and then applied Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6" to the back. Trim the excess adhesive sheet off and run through your manual die cutting machine. Cuts with no problem/no residue and no mess :)  They come in three sizes: 4 x 6", 6 x 12" and 12 x 12".




Next I worked on my background, I colored my card base with Design Memory Craft® Gelatos® (Raspberry, Watermelon and Mango). Then blended with a baby wipe to achieve that trendy watercolor look.



While the card base dries, I die cut my sentiment "Forever" with textured gold cardstock and Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6". Just repeat my earlier step with the background die cuts.




Next I used my test paper (I tested my Gelatos® color combination on a piece of white cardstock) and trimmed to 1.5 x 4.25" strip. After I edged the strip with Raspberry Gelatos®, I applied adhesive on the back with Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6".


I wanted to create interest with the sentiment so I colored my looped threaded wire with Pigment Powder Pink (I rubbed the wire with left over Adhesive Sheet before coloring). Small flowers were layered with Dodz™ Adhesive Dots Medium. All were secured with Dodz™ Adhesive Dots 3D.




Lastly, adhere the sentiment, add touches of purple glitter to the flower center and background.



Here's another look at the card.




Love Adhesive Sheets - no need to bring a tool, stores flat and is lightweight. Perfect to bring to a crop, class or crafternoon.

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

Supplies List:
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
Adhesive Sheets 4 x 6", Dodz™ Adhesive Dots Medium and Dodz™ Adhesive Dots 3D
Donna Salazar with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®:
Pigment Powder Pink
Others:
Dies and Die Cutting Machine (Spellbinders® Creative Arts); Coloring (Faber-Castell® Design Memory Craft® Gelatos® in Raspberry, Watermelon and Mango); White Cardstock (Darice/Core'dinations); Gold Cardstock (Recollections); Threaded Wire & Flowers (Prima Marketing Inc);

No comments: