Sunday, October 14, 2012

ScrapMart: Give Thanks Tin

I created an altered piece out of my mint tin using FarmHouse Paper Company's Sugar Hill Collection. The inside I placed some journaling prompts from the patterned papers for family to write what they are thankful for this year :)

Give Thanks Tin by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Patterned Papers, Cardstock Stickers: FarmHouse Paper Company (Sugar Hill Collection); Ink: Ranger (Walnut Stain Distress Ink); Twine: May Arts; Gesso: LiquiTex; Tools: Ranger (Ink Blending Tool), Creative Memories (Corner Punch); Adhesive: ScraPerfect (the Best Glue Ever); Other: Tin

First I had to prep the tin with a coat of Gesso and then I inked the edges for a finished look when I adhere the papers onto the tin.


After choosing the patterned papers and chipboard stickers, I cut them to size by tracing the tin shape with pencil and hand cut them. I also rounded the corners with a punch and inked the edges.


Next I used liquid adhesive to all the pieces together - inside, outside and around the sides. LOVE the look so far!


Last it's time to put together the cover - my favorite part! Love these chipboard stickers, they give you a lot and so many choices to add to your project :)


Here is a second look at my finished project!


Hope you enjoyed the process - have a great day!!
Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

14 comments:

BlueCrayons said...

beautiful.

Heidi said...

Great idea! It turned out beautiful.

Sylvia Blum said...

great idea and your altered tin is soooo beautiful.. LOVE it, Margie!!!
Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday :)
Sylvia xx

Nathalie said...

This is adorable! I have not altered a tin in ages but I love your idea of using it for Thanksgiving notes!

Beth Pingry said...

This is great! I love it and I have a bazillion of these tins!

Tracy said...

This turned out stunningly.
I keep meaning to try my hand at these, but I can never find the containers.
This is such a great idea for your family members to share what they are grateful for.

Suzanna Lee said...

Amazing! I think I'll commission one! LOL!!

Pam said...

What an ingenious idea! Love the Farmhouse Paper Company papers/embellishments. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

Barbara said...

what a gorgeous tin! I love it.

Linda Beeson said...

I love decorating little tins, what a really cute project.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

This turned out awesome, Margie! I love your layered embellies on the cover. Such a great idea for a Thanksgiving get together!

Connie Mercer said...

so cute and so clever!!! adorable gift too!!

CityGirl Planners said...

This is one of the cutest projects I have ever seen. I love it!!

Sandy Ang said...

a beautifully altered tin !