Sunday, August 26, 2012

ScrapMart: GLITTER~!

Did you know that ScrapMart participates in Scrapbook Expos held around the country?! Well last weekend, they were at the Chicago location (St. Charles IL) and I had fun demonstrating various products - mostly Spellbinders™ Paper Arts die templates and GLITTER!!!!

Spellbinders and Glitter On Parade!

For those who know me, I don't do GLITTER (I'm a Stickle Person)...I WAS a glitter virgin! LOL!! After I played with American Crafts Glitter Collection (they have many kinds of texture: micro beads, ultra fine and chunky glitter, tinsel, etc.), there was no turning back. ScrapMart folks (love them!!) taught me a cool technique that I'd like to share with you.

Round About card by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Stamp: JustRite Papercraft (Lattice Background stamp); Ink: TSUKINEKO (Black VersaInk); Glitter: American Crafts (Black Pop! Micro Beads, White WOW!); Die: Spellbinders Paper Arts (S5-115 Round About); Adhesive: American Crafts (Red Line Tape); Other: White Shimmer Cardstock, Black Shiny Cardstock
See the background on the card front? I first applied thick red lined double sided super strong tape on the entire surface and then spread white glitter on top. I pressed real hard to make sure they all stuck on the tape and tapped the excess off.



Then I STAMPED ON TOP OF THE GLITTER! Love it!! I did the same with the navy card (first picture, next to the Round About card on the left) as a border and then COLORED WITH COPIC MARKER!! How COOL is that?!


I was only going to show a couple of steps. BUT since I'm going through all this, I made another card. A slightly different version. To finish the edges, I covered the edges with narrow red line tape and covered with black micro beads.


Are you familar with Spellbinders Cut·Fold·Tuck dies? If not, watch CutFoldTuck video below...



I used S5-115 Round About set for this card. Since I didn't have shiny two sided black and white paper, I stacked white and black paper together to create a similar look.


Then added Want2Scrap's newest color in their pearl collection - Gun Metal! LOVE!!! This is what I created Round About Two card :0)


Round About Two card by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Stamp: JustRite Papercraft (Lattice Background stamp); Ink: Ranger (Distress Ink Black Soot); Glitter: American Crafts (Black Pop! Mico Beads, White WOW! Ultra); Pearls: Want2Scrap (Gun Metal); Die: Spellbinders Paper Arts (S5-115 Round About); Adhesive: American Crafts (Double Sided Super Sticky Red Tape - 1" & 1/4"), ScraPerfect (The Best Glue Ever) and SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L (3D Square Foams); Other: White Cardstock, Black Cardstock

How do you like this technique?! Do you use glitter? What other adhesives do you use to keep your glitter in place? I'd like to know!!

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH


12 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

this is just so cool!! love it!!

Connie Mercer said...

would haved to beeb there. You are the best at Spillbinder:):)

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

beauuuutiful, margie! i don't "do" glitter either. lol!

Sylvia Blum said...

Wow, this is soooooo cool, Margie! I would never ever have thought about stamping on glitter.. that's such a fun technique and looks so beautiful! TFS!!!
Sylvia xx

Murphy's Law said...

oooo gorgeous. b&w classic!

laura said...

Terrific card...great tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

Gina Lideros said...

very cool technique Margie!

Alice Carman said...

Wow that's a neat technique. I always like to see new ideas, but I got to be honest, I'm lazy...lol. I do like watching and learning. Thanks for sharing!

Jingle said...

That is very pretty!

Christa said...

Oh what a great card! Love your technique!

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful card! I love the glittery background!! I was gone on vacation for a week, had a great time but I'm glad to get back to my craft room!! Big hugs my friend!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Seriously cool!