I've been off for a good reason but miss being back in my old routine.
Going back to the reason...my dear sweet father passed away during the Labor Day weekend (Sunday, Sept 5th) in Los Angeles. My family and I are sadden and heartbroken BUT we realized that he had a WONDERFUL LIFE - all 84 years of it!
|Ittoku "Bud" Fujii|
January 1926 - September 2010
Things About Dad:
- Born in Shanghai, China
- Was one of six siblings
- Father (my grandfather) was an international lawyer
- From kindergarten, wanted to be an international businessman
- Graduate of prestigious Tokyo University
- Named PANASONIC and now the whole company (Matsushita Electric
Corp.) was renamed to PANASONIC worldwide
- Help phrase PANASONIC's tagline "Just Slightly Ahead Of Its Time"
- Started his own company (import/export-related) in his late 50s
- ALWAYS thinking about business! LOL!
- Married to mom for 50 years (they celebrated this year on May 23rd)
He will be sorely missed especially by my mother. She is holding up as best she can but I think it will hit her when she returns to Japan and the dust settles a little. It is interesting that the day he passed (Sept. 5th) was the same day he first took my mother to the U.S. - a little fact that my brother shared with me.
Although I have been apart from my parents for over 20+ years, my father was always there when I needed him especially when it came to my career decisions. I am proud of how he changed things in the Japan corporate world then and how it has evolved now.
Many, many thanks to all the emails, cards and expressions of sympathy from all of you. Words cannot describe how touched my family and I are. THANK YOU!!
Rest In Peace, Dear Dad!
OTSUKARESAMA DESHITA! xo