Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Asuka Studio: Blooming Butterfly Note Cards and Box Ensemble

For my second December's Asuka Studio DT works, I am featuring the Blooming Everyday Collection. This time I created a box and card ensemble that would be perfect for any occasion! By the way, I was inspired to create this box when I saw my friend, Shellye McDaniel, make one :)


**I receive products from Memory Palette Co. and Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use.**


Blooming Butterfly Box Instructions

With a piece of 6 x 11-inch cream cardstock, we need to score with the short side (6-inch) at the top of the scoring board at 1-inch and 5-inch, all the way down.


Next, flip the cardstock with the long side on top and score at 1, 5, 6 and 10-inch.


Still in that position, cut each vertical scored lines up to the horizontal scored lines to create tabs on each side.


Adhere the tabs with the E-Z Runner Grand with E-Z Grand Ultra Strong Refill, assemble the box.


Embellishing the Box Top and Cards

Now for the fun part - embellishing! Die-cut a butterfly and stencil through the die with ink to highlight the details.


Die-cut a decorative oval shape with vellum. Add MP-59128 Rhinestone Clear to areas shown.


I also edge the square layers with ink - same with ink as the butterfly die cut. MP-58890 12x12 Blooming Everyday Memories Patterned Paper was used for two of the square layers.


For the vellum die cut, I used E-Z Runner® Permanent Fine. It's perfect for vellum! For the butterfly, I use Adhesive Lines and I gently curled the wings for dimension.


The bottom layer was adhered using E-Z Runner® Grand with E-Z Grand Ultra Strong Refill. The top two layers also adhered the same way but to attach onto the box, I wanted dimension so I used Crafty Foam Tape.


For the 3 7/8-inch square note cards, I did the same exact thing when embellishing with the exception of using different color rhinestones. A great gift to give someone :)


Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH




Creative Time: 45 minutes
Skill Level: Intermediate

Materials Needed
Asuka Studio

MP-58890 12x12 Blooming Everyday Memories Patterned Paper
MP-59128 Rhinestone Clear
MP-59129 Rhinestone Light Pink
MP-59130 Rhinestone Light Blue
MP-59133 Rhinestone Light Green

Other:
Craft Dies: Butterfly Die D-Lites and Wonderful Locket Die D-Lites Etched Dies (Spellbinders® Paper Arts); Adhesives: E-Z Runner® Grand w E-Z Grand Ultra Strong Refill, E-Z Runner® Permanent Fine Crafty Foam Tape Black, and Adhesive Lines (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®); Ink and Applicator: Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick Ink (Ranger Inks); Cream Cardstock

Pin It!


See what my fellow design team members created for Asuka Studio DT Works 3


Asuka Miyamoto (Product Designer)



2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are so beautiful!

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh Margie, this boxed card collection is just stunning! Love how feminine the set is!