Thursday, September 14, 2017

Fun Stampers Journey: Journey Media to Make Happy Anniversary Scrapbook Page

Hello! I am THRILLED to be guest designing for Fun Stampers Journey today! I will be using their Journey Media line featuring their Journey Gel Press 8.5 x 11" (this size is exclusive only to FSJ) and another exclusive, Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate, among other products. Stay with me till the end because I have some great news!


What is Fun Stampers Journey (FSJ)? They are a fun-loving direct sales company based out of Arizona (USA) under the leadership of husband/wife team, Richard and Gabby Garay. FSJ has an amazing variety of products from paper crafts to planners to mixed media to jewelry! WOW!

My project materials are exclusive to FSJ and can be ordered through their Journey coaches. Don't have one? Click: Find a Fun Stampers Journey Coach.

**I receive products from Fun Stampers Journey for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use :) **

Journey Media to Make Happy Anniversary Scrapbook Page by Margie Higuchi

LAYER 1

Let's start with my background. On the Journey Gel Press 8.5 x 11" plate, apply dots of Candy Apple (top), Citrus Cooler (middle) and Sweet Berry (bottom). Spread each color across with the TO-0087 Brayer. NOTE: I roll off the excess paint on to a sheet of Whip Cream Cardstock and roll the next color. Keep that cardstock - you never know what you'll use it for (think a background design for other projects).


Place a sheet of Whip Cream Cardstock over the painted Journey Gel Press plate and gently burnish the back with the palm of your hand. Pull the sheet off to make your first print.


LAYER 2

Next apply Bubble Gum Acrylic Paint on to the Journey Gel Press plate and roll to cover the entire surface. Don't forget to roll excess paint off the brayer on a piece of cardstock. Then use the Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate to press into the gel press plate like a stamp.




The heart impressions had some air bubbles which I like so I kept it as is. For the left over paint on the Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate, I pressed a sheet of Whip Cream Cardstock for a ghost impression. Plus I misted with water and pulled with the same cardstock to get another ghost impression. Hint: I will be using this for another upcoming project :)


I pulled a print using the trio colored cardstock from Layer 1. LOVED how it turned out! You can still see Layer 1 through the heart designs.



EMBELLISH PAGE

Using this as a background, I cut it to 8 x 7" to fit my 8 x 8" scrapbook page and adhered it down. I stamped "Happy Anniversary" sentiment from the Peony Blooms Stamp Set on a 8 x 1" vellum strip.


With Creative Photo Corners - Silver, I adhered my photo. Love this picture of us taken on our trip to Cape Cod for an early 25th anniversary trip.


Remember about saving your excess painted cardstock? I am using this one from another project that has a combination of Sweet Berry Acrylic Paint and Bubble Gum Acrylic Paint on it. Stamped Peony blooms from the Peony Blooms Stamp Set and die-cut with the DI-0330 Peony Blooms Die Set to create my embellishments for my page.




Hmm...someone always says "when in doubt, pop it out!" (COUGHrgCOUGH) so that's what I did! LOL!! Stacked two on one of the small bloom die cuts and one layer on the other small bloom. Adhere the big bloom die cut on the page and layer the others...see my close up on how I placed mine.



Since it's our 25th anniversary (in November), I wanted to add touches of silver so I pulled out the Fashion Silver Metallic Dots and added three mid-size dots to the top corner and bottom corner.


There you have it...ready to frame and display!


GOOD NEWS

Fun Stampers Journey's Promotion of the Month is 20% off select Journey Media items! Dare to try new products and play with different combinations (available between September 1 - 30, 2017). For more details, CLICK: September 2017 Promotion of the Month.


Come back as I share another gel press printing project soon! As always, thank you for stopping by!
MargieH

Fun Stampers Journey Supplies List:
Journey Gel Press 8.5 x 11"
JM-0108 Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate
JM-0100 Candy Apple Acrylic Paint
JM-0099 Citrus Cooler Acrylic Paint
JM-0025 Sweet Berry Acrylic Paint
JM-0104 Bubble Gum Acrylic Paint
CSC-0040 Whip Cream 8.5 x 11 Cardstock
TO-0087 Brayer
SS-0464 Peony Blooms Stamp Set
DI-0330 Peony Blooms Die Set
AC-0293 Fashion Silver Metallic Dots

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

This is such a beautiful page Margie!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Great lovely layout !