Sunday, September 24, 2017

Fun Stampers Journey: Fluttering Hearts Happy Anniversary Vellum Card

I'm back with another project, Fluttering Hearts Happy Anniversary Vellum Card, for Fun Stampers Journey! It was great fun using their Journey Media line featuring their exclusive Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate, among other products. Stick with me till the end for some fun news!


For those of you who are not familiar with Fun Stampers Journey (FSJ), they're a fun-loving direct sales company based out of Arizona (USA) under the leadership of husband/wife duo, Richard and Gabby Garay. FSJ has an amazing variety of products from paper crafts to planners to mixed media to jewelry!

My project materials are exclusive to FSJ and can be ordered through their Journey coaches. Don't have one? Click: Find a Fun Stampers Journey Coach.

**I receive products from Fun Stampers Journey for use in my projects. The opinions are completely my own based on my experience and doing so I can share what I personally love to use :) **


For this project, I used leftovers from my Fluttering Hearts Happy Anniversary Scrapbook Page that I created using FSJ products.

CREATE BACKGROUND

Let's start with my background. In my previous project, the Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate had Bubble Gum Acrylic Paint leftover (after I pulled a print). So I took another sheet of Whip Cream Cardstock, placed it over the impressions plate and gentle burnished with the palm of my hand. Then pull the cardstock off to get a ghost print.



Leaving the impressions plate with leftover paint, I applied Sweet Berry Acrylic Paint over the Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate with the TO-0087 Brayer to cover the surface.



Place the ghost print cardstock over the painted Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate and gently burnish the back of the cardstock. Pull the cardstock away for a second printed layer. There were still leftover paint so I lightly misted the impressions plate with water. With the same cardstock, I pulled another print off.


The end result of creating my desired background. Now I can clean my Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate. It was bothering me - LOL!


Assemble Card

Trim both the printed cardstock and vellum paper to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8". Stamp "Happy Anniversary" sentiment from the Peony Blooms Stamp Set on the bottom of vellum paper.



From the previous project, I took one of the large bloom die cuts to use as an embellishment for my card front. It was stamped from the Peony Blooms Stamp Set and die-cut with the Peony Blooms Die Set.


After adhering the vellum to the printed cardstock, adhere the layers to an A2-sized card base created from the Whip Cream Cardstock. Center the large Peony Bloom die cut on top of the card front with 3D Foam Squares to finish.


Here's another look at the finished card...




It goes with the 8 x 8" scrapbook page Fluttering Hearts Happy Anniversary Scrapbook Page as an ensemble.


FUN NEWS

Fun Stampers Journey's Promotion of the Month is 20% off select Journey Media items! Dare to try new products and play with different combinations (available between September 1 - 30, 2017). For more details, CLICK: September 2017 Promotion of the Month.


I hope you give these fun Journey Media products a try! As always, thank you for stopping by!
MargieH

Fun Stampers Journey Supplies List:
JM-0108 Fluttering Hearts Gel Impressions Plate
JM-0025 Sweet Berry Acrylic Paint
JM-0104 Bubble Gum Acrylic Paint
CSC-0040 Whip Cream 8.5 x 11 Cardstock
TO-0087 Brayer
SS-0464 Peony Blooms Stamp Set
DI-0330 Peony Blooms Die Set

3 comments:

Fikreta said...

Its so nice!

Rose Curtis said...

Love the whole post Margi, so glad you had fun with the Fluttering Hearts impression pad... it's so fun to play with!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's a gorgeous background !