Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hazel & Ruby: Girly Door Hanger

There's a contest that new company, Hazel & Ruby is holding called Showcase Your Talent! Well, who could resist?! I had their Stencil-Mask sets and Chalk It Up Collection on hand so I gave it a try. This is what I came up with...A Girly Door Hanger! Perfect for any girl's room - just personalize with your little girl's initials :)


I started by tracing the door hanger with a pencil on the Rolling Floral patterned paper.


After I adhered the paper to the hanger, I sanded with a fine grade sandpaper for a perfect edge.


Forgot to take the picture of my first coat of paint but you can see underneath (CLICK on IMAGE to enlarge) the sun and capital "H". I used Everyday Shapes Stencil Mask (Sun) and Broadside Alpha 2.5" Stencil-Mask (H) for my project. I left those pieces on and put the Crown, Borders (Everyday Shapes Stencil-Mask) and Brackets (Blindside Alpha 1.75" Stencil-Mask) on top and painted with white paint. Let dry.



I took off all the stencil mask pieces and cleaned them off with a baby wipe - even the two layered paint pieces came off with no problem :) Using the Faber Castell® Design Memory Craft® Stamper's Big Brush Magenta Pen, I outlined the sun and "H".


To finish, I added my rolled Spellbinders® Spiral Blossom One and Foliage die cuts. Then some bling, heart shaped paper clips, trinket pin and eyelets (snip off the fasteners in the back) were placed for embellishments.



Here's a second look at the finished project!


Project Supplies:
Hazel & Ruby – Broadside Alpha 2.5" Stencil Mask, Everyday Shapes Stencil-Mask, Blindside Alpha 1.75" Stencil-Mask and Chalk It Up Collection (Rolling Floral patterned papers)
Spellbinders Creative Arts - S4-328 Foliage and S4-351 Spiral Blossom One
Door Hanger - Creative Imagination
Paints - Plaid (Pink and White)
Markers – Faber Castell Design Memory Craft (Stamper's Big Brush Pen - Magenta)
Bling - KaiserCraft
Eyelets - Hot Off The Press and Eyelet Outlet
Shaped Paper Clip - Webster's Page
Trinket Pin - Maya Road
Adhesives - Beacon Adhesives (3-in-1 Craft Glue) and SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L® (Dodz™)
Others: Sequins

I hope you give this idea a try with Hazel & Ruby Stencil-Mask - they are SO COOL to use! Did you know that they can be used over and over again?! I think this is my fourth project using them :)

Would love to hear what you think in the comments!! Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

2 comments:

Linda said...

Fun project! I didn't realize they made masks too!

Unknown said...

Bright, colourful and completely cute. I love it :)