Monday, May 13, 2013

Art Anthology: Spring Fling

I am excited to be featured in Art Anthology's Blog - Spring Fling Scrapbook Page by Margie Higuchi post!! When I was at the 2013 Winter CHA (Craft & Hobby Assoc.) trade show, I met up with friends (Stayce DeWid & Jen Starr) at Art Anthology Inc.! Do you know about this new company?

With samples in tow, I went back home and started to play. Goodness!! These products are amazing~!! I created a scrapbook page...


There are SO MANY techniques in this page = FUN~!!

PAINTING: I die cut tissue paper with Spellbinders® Blossom Five dies and then painted them with Cotton Candy Velvet Paint, Vegas Gold and Imperial Sorbet Paints. After they dried, I layered them to create colorful blossoms.


PAINTING OUT OF THE BOX: As dimensional paints, I wanted to find out how they would do if I painted them on my non-stick craft sheet. So I used Cotton Candy Velvet Paint and Honolulu Blue Sorbet Paint. I did about three coats with drying time between.


What great results! They dried to what is similar to vinyl sheets but with wonderful color and sparkle! I cut/embossed with Spellbinders Shapeabilities® Cherry Blossoms and Media Mixàge™ Shields One dies.



A close up on how I used the finished products in my scrapbook page with the tissue paper blossoms and die cuts…


CREATING: I painted leaves with.............OH, WAIT~!!! I have to save the other several techniques for the Spring Fling Scrapbook Page by Margie Higuchi post on Art Anthology Blog!! LOL!! So GO VISIT - see what else I did with their products and tell them/me what you think!

Here's another look....


Project Supplies:
Patterned Papers - Carta Bella (True Friends Collection)
Cardstock - Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock® (Kraft-Core Seasonal Impression Collection)
Stamps - JustRite® Papercraft (Live, Love, Laugh Vintage Labels Two)
Stencil - The Crafters’ Workshop (6 x 6" Fragmented Flower)
Inks - TSUKINEKO (Memento - Bamboo Leaves)
Coloring - Art Anthology Inc. (Velvet Paint: Cotton Candy; Sorbet Paint: Vegas Gold, Imperial, Honolulu Blue and June Bud)
Marker - KURETAKE ZIG
Light Bulb Embellie - Prima Marketing
Bling - KaiserCraft
Die Templates and Mixed Media - Spellbinders Creative Arts (Dies: Botanical Swirl and Accents, Blossom Five and Cherry Blossoms; and Media Mixàge™: Shields One, Butterflies One and Grate Works Three)
Adhesives - ScraPerfect (Best Glue Ever) and SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L™ (3D Foam Squares)
Tool: Core'dinations ColorCore Cardstock (Sand-It Gaget)
Other: Tissue Papers

This was so much FUN experimenting and creating my page. I hope you give Art Anthology products a try - it's so cool and so difference!

Always, THANK YOU for stopping by :)
MargieH

15 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Are you kidding- what fabulous results- awesome layout!

Michelle Price said...

This is fab! I have a sample of this from CHA too and you have inspired me to open it a get messy!

Michelle McClure said...

Wow, your experimenting turned out so well. I love all the exciting techniques that you utilized.

Caroline said...

OMG you are uber talented, i love this and i can not believe how many pieces went into making this, it is AMAZING

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I'd say this is one gorgeous experiment, Margie! I love all of the beautiful flowers!

Christina Collins said...

Gorgeous! Love the different textures.

Kimberly Kett said...

Just GORGEOUS!!

Julia said...

Absolutley beautiful! Love all the textures!

Jingle said...

This is such a pretty layout!

Dana Tatar {datatar} said...

Super cool page! I love all the texture and color!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a cool layout- love it

Sarah Webb said...

Oh neat!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

CLEVER!!! Love your layout and your techniques are stellar!!!!!! :D

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful Margie! HUGE congrats to you! I love your project!!!! I bought a few bottles of their paints and I LOVE them!

Sue Althouse said...

Congrats! This is such a cool page, so creative.