Monday, February 11, 2013

KURETAKE: Be Mine Heart Box

With Valentine's Day being around the corner, I thought I would share a KURETAKE ZIG® project using one of their box templates. It is also featured on KURETAKE ZIG Blog post today! Last time I showed this heart box template, I made a place setting that resembled a turkey! LOL!! This time I thought it would be appropriate to use as it is intended for (well, one of the themes - lol!!)...

Be Mine Heart Box by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - KURETAKE ZIG: Gift Box Template Heart, ZIG Brushable Marker (Spring Green), ZIG Fine & Chisel Marker (Pure Red)  and ZIG 2-Way Glue Chisel Tip; Patterned Papers - Authentique Paper (Lovely Collection); Stamp: JustRite PaperCraft (Ooh La La French Frill set); Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts (S5-145 French Frills and S5-086 Bitty Blossoms); Black Rhinestones: Want2Scraps

First I traced Gift Box Template Heart with a pencil, cut the edges and scored along with the lines in the template. Then I assembled and adhered with ZIG 2-Way Glue Chisel Tip. After it dried, I used ZIG Fine & Chisel Marker (Pure Red) to outline the edges of the box.


Next I inked my image from JustRite® PaperCraft's Ooh La La French Frill stamp set with ZIG Brushable Marker (Spring Green) and stamped on to white background on the flip side of my patterned paper. Then cut/embossed with its matching die shape, S5-145/JBS5145 French Frills tag die. With my ZIG Fine & Chisel Marker (Pure Red) marker, I wrote "Be Mine."


After I cut/embossed my Bitty Blossom die and rolled the blossom, I assembled all my embellishment onto the box front. Now I need to add my...er, his favorite candy and I'm good to give away!


Here's a second look at the box :)

 

So what are you creating for Valentine's Day? Please share and link me up in the comments!

REMINDER: Don't forget about my Chicago area (Roselle IL) March 2 2013 charity crop giveaway - the deadline to comment is Feb. 19th (11:59PM CST). For details and where to write your comment, visit Crop For A Cause Giveaway post!

Thanks for stopping by!
MargieH xo


13 comments:

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I always love seeing how your projects come together, Margie. This is a super sweet one. Happy Valentine's Day to a sweet lady! :)

byondbzr said...

Really cute box! I have a V-day card up on my blog today.. http://byondbzr.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-valentine-card-with-globecraft-piccolo.html

Christina Collins said...

This is beautiful! Love the bit of bling and the vintage feel to it.

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love this!- love the step out too!

Jingle said...

This is very cute!

Hedgehog Reader said...

That's just darling! I am going to look into those Kuretake templates - they're so neat!

sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more said...

that is very cool:)

Fleursbydesign said...

Great Valentines box :)

Katie said...

Super cute! I need to get on the ball with some Valentine crafts! lol!

Gina Lideros said...

this turned out great Margie!

Unknown said...

Wonderful! So good to see that die at work! TFS!

Connie Mercer said...

Looks beautiful:):):)

Jennifer Grace said...

Very pretty! I love the swirly gems. x