Wednesday, October 24, 2012

It's Hip To Be Square - Day 6


My sweet and talented friend, Lisa Swift, came up with a wonderful idea of doing a series on a trend that has been going strong for the last couple of years - 6 x 6" paper pads! She introduced this layout I created over on her blog...

President's Club by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Papers, Die Cuts and Wood Embellie: Pink Paislee (Nantucket Collection); TearDrops: Robin’s Nest; Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts (LF-126 Grand Squares); Adhesive: ScraPerfect (the Best Glue Ever); Other: Foam Square

My 6 x 6" paper use is making a background with LF-126 Grand Squares die templates from Spellbinders Paper Arts. You can see a peek of the pattern behind the double matted photo and it gives a finished edge all around :0)

I also covered this trend in one of my "Trend Watch" articles at "Love My Memories" Japanese scrapbooking magazine. This page was published in the most recent issue...

Moments by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Papers and Stickers: Teresa Collins (Everyday Moments Collection); Tissue Tape: Advantus (Tim Holtz); Ink: Tattered Angels; Pearl: Want2Scrap; Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts (S4-351 Spiral Blossom One, S5-025 Labels Seventeen, S4-356 Floral Ovals and S5-066 Shadow Flowers); Tool: Epiphany Craft; Adhesive: ScraPerfect (Best Glue Ever)
Thanks, Lisa, for inviting me to your special "Hip To Be Square" feature! SO much fun reading each day on what other way to use 6 x 6" paper!

For those who are just reading about this, go to Lisa Swift's Remember The Good Times Blog to follow along!

As always, thanks for stopping by!
MargieH

12 comments:

Heidi said...

I love how you layered the squares on the 2nd layout. Great idea!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

awesome work margie!!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

I'm so thrilled that you agreed to participate, Margie! :) Congrats on the pub! You guys are so adorable together. I love the fresh blue and yellow color scheme. This is an awesome mix of papers and patterns!

Marisa Job said...

Great page! Love the idea of using the 6x6 as the background, very original!!

Madeline said...

Such great ideas for those 6x6s!

Jingle said...

These are great pages! Wonderful use of 6x6 paper!

Gina Lideros said...

what a great challenge, so fun!

Fleursbydesign said...

Love how you used the paper pads :)

Tracy said...

Both pages are awesome.
Great way to use some of those 6x6 papers...which I had just bought another 6x6 paper pack today ;)

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!

Sue Althouse said...

Nice job with the 6x6 papers and I love the seahorse!

Nirupama said...

Very cool projects! I have been forcing myself to use those little paper pads more lately. They have been coming in handy for PL and mini albums, but I need to try on regular layouts more too. These LOs look great!