Saturday, August 18, 2012

ScrapMart: Love

As promised, I am going through the details on the KURETAKE: Wedding Challenge posted Friday night. Made that challenge within 15 minutes before it ended! YIKES! Here's the card for those who haven't seen it yet...

Love Card by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Patterned Papers: Carta Bella (Paris Girl Collection); Ink: Clearsnap (Queue Ink); Embossing Powder: Sparkle 'N Sprinkle (Pink Glitter Embossing Powder); Embossing Pen: KURETAKE ZIG; Pearls: Want2Scrap; Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts (S5-131 A-2 Matting Basics A, S5-133 A-2 Polka Dots, S5-146 Botanical Swirls and Accents, S4-364 Spiral Blossom Four and S5-099 Jewel Keys); Adhesives: ScraPerfect (The Best Glue Ever) and SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L (3D Foam Squares); Other: White Cardstock

First off, I LOVE Spellbinders™ Card Creator Series collaborated with Designer Cindy Echtinaw. You will notice that S5-133 A-2 Polka Dots has a ton of cuts so I put wax paper between the die template and white cardstock. The paper came out SO EASILY! Love it!!


I cut two of S5-133 A-2 Polka Dots largest die template to create the card base - one for the card front and the other for the back piece.


Then I scored the back piece ¾" from the top and adhered together with the card front die cut.


I used ScraPerfect's The Best Glue Ever because of its fine tip and I don't use too much of it, a little goes a long way with this adhesive :)


Notice the intricate embossed design in the motif die from S5-146 Botanical Swirls and Accents, just BEAUTIFUL!! I pulled out my KURETAKE ZIG Emboss Pen - great for detailing like this! I also used the emboss pen to edge S4-364 Spiral Blossom Four, added the glitter embossing powder and heated it. Can't really see it in the picture but IRL, it's wonderful!


After I cut/embossed/stenciled the "Love" die cut from S5-099 Jewel Keys and cut/embossed a base from A-2 Matting Basic A, I assembled as shown below. Added Want2Scrap pink pearls for the finishing touch and it's ready to send!


For cardmakers, I highly recommend Spellbinders Card Creator Series! The time it took to create this A2 card and not waste paper (from mis-meaasuring) was SO FAST = LOVE THAT!!

Thanks for visiting me!
MargieH

11 comments:

holly* said...

LOVE that background! great card!

Sylvia Blum said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, Margie! Totally LOVE the background you've created with the Card Creator supplies from Spellbinders! So adorable!!! Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful Sunday!
Sylvia xx

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Gosh, this is so beautiful, Margie! I really love the polka dot sections you used for the front and back.

Connie Mercer said...

Gorgeous card, Margie! didn't know you can buy a embossing pen~great to know!

Sherry C said...

Love it! I need to use my embossing pen more, thanks for the inspiration!

Fleursbydesign said...

Love the polka dot background and using wax paper is a great idea, beautiful card.

Pam said...

So pretty! I love it!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

what a beautiful card! that flower is awesome

Tracy said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love the pop of colour with your beautiful flower.
Great tip about the wax paper ;)

Rita Barakat said...

OK thats it girl! I need to come over and play, you can show me all your spellbinder tricks in person! LOL! Very pretty Margie!

Murphy's Law said...

Gorgeous!