Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Scrap-Mart/The Button Farm Club: Lunch Layout


Hello! This is a continuation of my projects that I am creating from my monthly kit I received from The Button Farm Club. My first project was a Card Folder and Cards Ensemble using just a few sheets of 12 x 12" patterned papers. I took some of those scraps and created a 12 x 12" layout with some additional embellishments that Scrap-Mart has available for purchase to come up with this (click for a closer look)...

Lunch At Chef Ping's by Margie Higuchi
Supplies - Patterned Papers: Crate Papers (Farmhouse Collection); Ink: Clearsnap; Marker: EK Success/KURETAKE (Zig Writer); Mist: Tattered Angels (DragonFly); Bling: Want2Scrap and KaiserCrafts; Dies: Spellbinders Paper Arts (E8-003 Classic Triple Scallop, S4-301 Labels Sixteen; NEW S5-083 Antique Frames and Accents, NEW S5-086 Bitty Blossoms), Adhesive: ScraPerfect (The Best Glue Ever)

I first decided that I wanted to use different patterned papers from this collection but didn't want to crowd it with all sorts of embellishments - keep it simple. I cut/embossed S4-301 Labels Sixteen eight times and inked the edges (later I inked the edges of the 12 x 12" patterned paper too).


After I adhered the squares to the page, I wanted to add some color to the white background so I misted DragonFly Glimmer Mist in three different areas.


Placed all the elements as shown and it's done! This page was from a summer lunch in Schaumburg (IL) when my mom was visiting from Japan. We invited my mom to spend a month with us - lucky to have the time to spend with her....good for the grandkids too!

The Referral Program at The Button Farm Club!

Did you know that we have a new promotion going on NOW! If you refer a friend, and that friend puts your name in the referral box when they order, you will receive $10 off a kit of your choice!! You do not have to be current members AND there's NO limit to the number of referrals you can cash in on.  For more details, go to The Button Farm Club (www.buttonfarmclub.com) under Our Referral Program!!

Have a great day!!
MargieH

5 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Hi Margie~this is beautiful~love all the misting and the colors are perfect!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love this!! the misting is awesome!! great job!

Katie said...

Fabulous layout Margie! Love the misting! :)

Karen said...

Turned out beautifully Margie! The misting adds a terrific touch to your awesome layout!

Heidi said...

Great layout. I'm so scared to use mists even though they look so easy to use. I love how you used it on this layout.