Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tuesday Trigger: Finesse the Dress Challenge

Hi, all!

Thought I'd try my hand at Paper Crafts' Tuesday Trigger. Today I created a card based on this beautiful dress...

The pattern of skirt and the scalloped edge caught my eye. LOVE the color combination and immediately thought of Authentique's Journey Collection! So this is my take on the challenge.

Wonder by Margie Higuchi
Supplies Cardstock: The Paper Company; Patterned Papers and Die Cut: Authentique Paper; Stamp: Unity Stamp Company (Authentique); Ink: Clearsnap; Die Cuts: Spellbinders™ Paper Arts (S4-314 Lacey Ovals, S4-110 Classic Ovals LG, E8-003 Classic Triple Scallop); Tool: ScorPal; Flower: Prima; Adhesive: ScraPerfect (The Best Glue Ever); Other: Pearl and Foam Tape

So what do you think? My favorite part is the double layers of scallops from Spellbinders Edgeabilities® die template called Triple Scallop. Isn't gorgeous?! Love my Edgeabilities dies!

ETA: Where can you purchase these great die templates? I have a favorite online store, Scrap-Mart, and they offer FREE SHIP along with a discount on some of their items. Here is the page on Spellbinders Edgeabilities die templates! Just sayin'

Also a personal note...I received word that my aunt had passed away in Japan today. She was my father's big sister and lived a full life of 90 years! Although I didn't see much of her, she had always lent an ear when I needed it. I will miss her - this card is for her! Rest in peace, dear Aunt MINAKATA and hug my father for me! xo

16 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

awesome! i have to agree with you that the die is awesome!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Margie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

hilde janbroers said...

great card!! and so fun you were inspired by a dress!! lol.

Becky said...

What a beautiful card in honor of your aunt. In so sorry for your families loss.

Steph/Mizzbzb said...

Beautiful card. So sorry for your loss.

Connie Mercer said...

so sweet margie~sorry about your aunt! The card is beautiful~

Mary Jo said...

that is absolutely beautiful!
such great inspiration for your card, too!
I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Pam said...

(((HUGS))) So sorry to hear about the passing of your aunt. May she rest in peace. I look forward to trying out the Spellbinders dies. I'm going to the craft store today to check them out. Love your card!

Sarah Pendergrast said...

Wow! Lovely card. Sorry for our sad news.

Helen F. said...

Margie, your gorgeous card is such a lovely tribute to your Aunt who just passed away. My sympathy to you and your family.

Julie Overby said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, Margie. Blessings on you and your family during this time! Your card is gorgeous. Love that TT.

Murphy's Law said...

ooooo I love the beautiful card and the dress wow!!! Love how you used both. Hugs and prayers for your loss.

Amy said...

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. The card is beautiful. I love those edges!

Sue Althouse said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt. It's hard to let someone go who has been around for your whole life. I love the card, such a great take on the inspiration dress!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Margie! So elegant and chic!

Linda D said...

Beautiful card Margie! So sorry about your Aunt, my thoughts and prayers are with you and family. Hugs