Sunday, August 13, 2006

"Back To Basics"

That's what I call my beginners class at Frozen Memories (my LSS in Bartlett, IL)...I always point out that a good layout is balance (color & placement), some pictures - not all need to be placed on pages and journaling (short or long). So I had my first beginners class at the store last week and there was a "mature" couple that decided to give scrapbooking a try! I really enjoy watching them give each other encouragement and advice...it really made me excited to know I was helping them to preserve some of their memories together! Thank you, Sharyn & Bill, for being so inspiring - to really enjoy the craft of scrapbooking! What was also neat is the fact that everyone had a different "take" on my sample and made it their own. Here's what I had displayed at the store....
















Another one will be scheduled for Tues, Aug 15th from 6:30pm and the theme will be either pets or kid's art work! Here's what I have on the pet theme (still working on the kid's artwork page)...
















It's been a full week of busy and school hasn't even started yet! LOL! Kids have archery class, I had an SB class, DH had to put final touches on a business plan, a sudden death and funeral to arrange and a dozen wedding tri-folders to get done before Saturday noon (had to go to the post office to priority mail before close of day). I finally got an idea that would fit the customer's needs and made a final mockup by Wednesday so I only had 3 days to complete! YIKES! Each took about 30-45 minutes to make as everything was made out of scratch and handcut. One folder would need about 3.5 sheets of paper and 1.5 sheet of chipboard (all 12x12 size!). I used up one bottle of 3M/Scotch liquid glue, 4 spools of ribbon and made good use out of my newest tool, the Score-It board. So glad I took the plunge and purchased this (w/ A's 25% coupon!)...made my life easier doing this project! Here's what they look like - I hope the client likes it!


No comments: